⇘CHAPTER 7⇙

We look like fight club rejects. Each one of us managed to get banged up during the scuffle at the parking deck. I look around at them all, and shut the front door. I won't storm out after all. I still might yell at them, and I will probably give Jimin a hug once I stop bleeding, but I'm at least hanging around until I know they're all okay. Hopefully Jin will show up soon.

"Okay, so, I think I'm gonna split now," The spiky haired ghost peeks his head in through the still-open door leading to the garage. "I'm Yoongi , by the way," He waves at me and vanishes, leaving behind the faint smell of stale whiskey.

"Let me see your hand, sweetie," Jiwon leans close, inspecting the cut. I definitely came out worst in the fight, but she isn't too much better. Her right hand is curled in, and she holds it close to her chest. She doesn't even flinch at the sight of the bloody mess that was my palm, "It could have been worse, but this will need some attention," She looks down at her own wounded hand and then around to Namjoon, "You're going to have to do the stitches," Nope. This is not going down like this.

"Is 'hospital' a word you guys don't know?" They look at me like I'm the crazy one.

"The local hospitals report stab wounds," Jiwon manages not to sound condescending, "Any doctor will be able to tell this wasn't a workplace accident."

"And you're going to need more than antiseptic to clean that cut," Namjoon adds, taking a look for himself at the gash, "She used a cursed knife."

"Cursed?" I look down, but the wound doesn't look cursed, just gnarly. I've seen worse on TV.

"It's nothing some holy water won't fix," He smiles at me encouragingly. Taehyung makes a guttural sound.

"That stuff will sting like a bitch."

"Taehyung!" Jiwon apparently doesn't approve  his language.

"Stitches," I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it. I've never needed stitches before. My arm has started shaking. It hurts worse than anything I've ever felt.

"Stitches, and..." Jiwon looks me over, taking in the torn open elbow and the puncture wound on my back, "Holy water for the hand and back. That was from her knife as well, right?"

"Yeah," Honestly I can't feel the little cut, other pain is drowning it out. Small mercies I suppose.

"And then we just need to clean your elbow to stop any infections," She nods, "Thank goodness it wasn't worse," She smiles, but her eyes are sad. She turns her attention to Namjoon, "There isn't much I can do for that," She steps close to him, reaching up towards his neck. There are red blotches and fresh bruises making a ring around his throat. Apparently Soojung was strangling him when Jimin pulled her off. No wonder his voice sounds rough.

"I'll be fine," He smiles down at her, then takes hold of her tiny, injured hand, "But what about this?"

We all watch as Namjoon slowly straightens her curled fingers, showing her burnt hand. It has to be a burn. There are violent yellow blisters colonizing her dainty palm, and the parts of skin not covered with them are shiny and deep red.

"It's what I get for being stupid," She tries to laugh it off, to pull her hand away, but Namjoon doesn't let go.

"Jiwon," He lets out a pained whisper, "This is from touching the knife?" She nods slowly, still staring up at him, "That wasn't stupid," She doesn't reply, and he doesn't say anything else. He holds onto her mangled hand for a fraction of a second longer, then clears his throat and lets her go.