Chapter 1

"Hello..." I answered the phone on the third ring. I really dislike talking to people on the phone, or period to be honest and in 2019 who still does?

"Um....hello is this Natasha?" The voice was that of a woman, and she sounded almost unsure of her question or her reason for calling.

"Depends on who is asking." I replied.

"This is Nathan's wife."

Oh great, a classic hello Barbara this is Shirley situation . Now time to play the dutiful side chick and pretend that I don't know who he is.

"Nathan who? I  only know of one Nathan and he's dead." Figuratively of course.

"You don't have to lie to me, or pretend you don't know him. I saw you guys together yesterday, and I found your number in his phone as well as pictures."

Now what kind of dumb ass idiot who is cheating on his wife keeps his lover's pictures in his phone.

Already tired with this conversation, I  decided to cut to the chase and ask her what she wanted.

"I was wondering if we could  meet."

"Lady, now why the hell would you want to meet the chick who is fucking your husband!" At this point I was quite exasperated. Mind you this was not how I expected to spend my Saturday afternoon.

I heard her sharp in take of breathe and figured it was because I had just confirmed that I was fucking her husband. I'm not sure why women act all surprise when they find out that their husbands are cheating. I mean...don't all men cheat.

"I merely wish to speak with you Natasha about the whole....affair"

"I will not make a scene " she continued "or do anything outwardly dangerous or embarrassing, I just wish to talk."

A small part of me, the sensible part told me to say no. However the curious part of me, which has always gotten me into trouble, wanted to see what this about.

"Where and what time?" I heard myself asking.

"I was thinking we could meet at Dave and East cafè at about 5 pm tomorrow, that is near -"

"I know where it is, I'll be there." I interrupted her.

"Okay, see you then." She said then disconnected.

I am not sure why I agreed to this meeting or what exactly she expected from our 'talk'. I guess she's going to ask me to leave her husband alone.