Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I started hyperventilating.

"No!" I tried to shout. "I can't- I'm too young, there's so much left to do!" I sobbed.

Paul fell to his knees and screamed to the ceiling pleaded for an answer.

Quickly nurses and doctors ran into to make sure everything was okay.

"Are you stupid? Are you sure you have a doctorate because nothing is okay you idiot! I'm not staying here!" I huffed, pulling wires and tubes from me.

The medical staff looked stunned as they saw me rip each plug off myself.

"I'm 26, and I'm not getting any younger. As I can tell I've only got a certain amount of time left to live and damnit I'm going to live it like I want it! I'm not going to be crammed up in here during my last days. No I'm going to travel! I'm going to eat what foods I want, I'm going to do things that maybe I shouldn't do."

"Like Paul-" John giggled under his breath.

"Cut the crap John," Paul moaned.

I glared at the both of them.

"Now if you all don't mind, I'll be on my way."

And there I went out the door, no one stopping me.

At home I laid on my bed sobbing. I felt like I had that one night, that one night a long time ago. Well actually, two years ago. 1966

That night in the hotel room.

The note.

It all came rushing back.

Him cheating.

Him finding love that well wasn't me.

"Stop Amelia! You are sick! Of course he loves you!" I shook my head to try and remove the thoughts.

Jane...

Well both Janes...

The nanny...

"STOP!" I screamed which startled all three babies.

I curled up into a ball and sobbed with all my might.

About five hours later Paul found me still in the fetal position, sobbing.

"Honey!" He gasped.

Gently, he lifted me and placed me on his lap and brushed my hair with his large calloused fingers.

"Hey, everything is going to be okay Amelia. I promise! Now look at me."

I dug my head further into his neck.

"I hate this..." I sobbed.

"I know sweetheart, I know. Just remember something."

"What?"

"You're the strongest girl I know and you sure as hell can get through this. And god damn you are beautiful-"

I crashed my lips into his and he climbed on top me and started to kiss me passionately.

About an hour later I got off the bed and decided to make dinner for Paul, the kids and I.

"Please, let me help." Paul kissed my neck and wrapped his arms around my waist.

I couldn't help but giggle profusely at the way Paul kissed my neck so randomly.

"I love you so much honey. I loved this afternoon." He hummed trailing kisses down my neck.

"Oh stop it you!" I pushed him away a little and laughed. "Let me make dinner. You go grab the kids."

Just after a few minutes all five of us were eating, well Paul and I were feeding and eating.

"Mama!" Winston chanted as he saw the spoon.

"What did you say?!?" I exclaimed.

"Mama! Mama! Mama!" He repeated over and over.

"Aw honey!" Paul kissed my cheek as I picked up Winston.

It made me sad to think life wouldn't be this happy for long...