A Night's Tale- Strike Home:

Homes were more common, but Strike saw a blacksmithing shop, cook place, which to him smelled good, and a dragon arena. It had a gaping hole in the side that Vikings were fixing up.

                They had him on a flat piece of stone with his wings tied up along with his snout so he couldn’t wreck havoc. About ten Vikings pushed him through the town. Dawn was already rising and the townsfolk were getting up, making Strike nervous. He tried staying invisible, but the wagon kept bumping over rocks, making him move to keep balance, even though he was tied down, so he gave up.

                For protection against his own, he hid away inside himself, the only place left to hide, and waited while they passed building after building, house after house. Occasionally, he felt a hand touch or graze his scales, where the blue was, making him stiffen up.

                Soon, they showed him around Berk, but he paid no heed. They brought him into the dragon arena and set him free, knowing he couldn’t escape. When they took off the muzzle, Strike growled lowly, thinking about attacking the Viking, before jumping backward into a shadow, turning invisible happily, finally.

                Every Viking left, making the tension leave, except the ones working on the metal netting up top, wondering where he went. It wasn’t until dusk that someone finally walked in.

                Hiccup and his dragon, his father, Toothless, walked in and sat on the opposite side of him. His father had his golden-green eyes on him, knowing that he was there. The gaze made him uneasy and frightened.

                “We know your there.” Toothless growled.

                Movement finally made him look, opening his closed and concentrated eyes, and saw Hiccup walking in the nearest corner before looking at him. In a casual walk, he walked over to Strike, no fear anywhere. His limp made the dragon look down and saw that his foot was a mechanical foot. New, he thought.

                He reached out to touch Strike, but he growled and showed his teeth were suddenly there. Hiccup moved his hand backward an inch before sighing, “What are we going to do with you?”

                “Fix my tail and let me go.” Strike snapped, stepping back against the wall, opening his wings so they wouldn’t get crushed.

                Toothless stood up and walked over, his red tail rudder visible against his black hide. “You’re home. There’s no need to run. Be comfortable. Stay here.”

                “Like you could make me do that!” He snarled, jumping over Hiccup to attack Toothless, but his tail sent pain up his spine and fell, collapsing in front of the Night Fury.

                “Still to young to understand.” Toothless sighed in disgust, turning away with Hiccup on his heals as Strike got up painfully.

                He turned to his tail and sighed. Before you saw the rudders, there was a gruesome crook that looked like it wasn’t supposed to be there. Small bumps looked as if bone pieces were about to poke through his scales.

                Strike looked around. Nothing to try and keep it in place to heal properly. Some shields, spears, and wooden doors. Stone all around and the metal chain above him. Perhaps he could burn through it with a fire-ball?

                Taking a deep breath, he shot out a fire-ball at the metal links. They glowed red-white hot. He aimed and fired again. It melted a little. One more he shot out and it melted instantly. Running toward the gap, he jumped the stonework and grabbed a claw hold on the metal link.