A Night's Tale- Last Strike

When they awoke, it was dawn. Clouds that were filled with rain were coming from the west, looking hungrily at Berk. The Vikings jumped on their dragons and flew toward the village, the three looking like an arrow in the sky.

Landing, Dalton and Taylor hopped off with Hiccup and followed him to a building. The three Night Furies looked at one another, Toothless folding up his wings while the other two kept their wings open, wondering if they should fly for awhile.

Toothless shook his head and followed his rider, leaving the two younger ones alone on the outskirts of town. They didn’t know what to do, so they waited for Taylor and Dalton on the beach.

Snow was falling down as the two Vikings came up to their dragons. The Night Furies stood up and allowed their riders to hop up.

“Berk!” Dalton commanded.

“Where else?” Strike growled to himself. He jumped in the air before opening his wings with a snap.

Gold followed him with Taylor riding her. When they reached Berk, Dalton jumped off and led his dragon to a building where the dragon was more than thankful for.

It was a large building, large enough for five dragons and two Vikings. The main house was made for Vikings, but later in there was a type of stable. Five separate stables made the place, two bigger than the other three. Dalton led him into the bigger of the five, not locking the gate.

“Look. I have to keep you in here, but I’m not making you stay. The outside place is over there.” he pointed to the opposite direction of the house. “Go whenever you like, come back whenever you like. Gold will be in the stable next to yours.”

Strike looked at him with a calm blue gaze and looked at Gold’s stable. Taylor walked in and led her dragon in as well, also not locking the gate. When the two left, Strike stretched out and nudged open his gate. It squeaked open and he walked out of it, walking into Gold’s gate.

“What are you doing in here?” Gold asked. “It won’t hold both of us.”

He looked at the wall blocking the two of them. Bamboo by the looks of it, but it was different. Putting his tail on the wall, he felt how strong it was. Sort of, but not strong enough. Pulling his tail back, he whacked the wall into his own cage. Ruble closed in on his cage, but now the two stalls were big enough to hold the two of them.

Gold purred and curled back up, Strike laying down beside her, putting his wing over her protectively.