A Night's Tale (Epilouge)- Final Strike:

Ten years have passed. Strike and Gold are lying down on their favorite straw, trying to ignore the ruckus above their heads. Dalton and Taylor are now married, have two children and own the dragon training program, even though it isn’t that needed unless a Viking catches a wild dragon, which the numbers are growing less and less.

“Want to take a flight?” Strike asks, looking at his mate. She nods and opens the gate, walking to the flying-out-of-the-stables place.

Gold opens her wings, the gold spikes that made her so noticeable sparkles in the sunlight. He smiles, opening his own wings. His blue veins were more noticeable and they glow in rain, which looks as if it was about to. She jumps into the cooling air without a look backward. He follows her with simple precision.

As they fly, Strike looks down and sees one of Dalton’s and Taylor’s kids run out of the stables and look up into the sky, calling for them. He looks at Gold who rolls her eyes and heads to Red Death Mountain, their new favorite place for the kids have found out about the beach. Even if they did want to go to the mountain, they would either 1)bring a ship, which was a long journey for sea or 2) ride a dragon. Of course, they weren’t old enough to have dragons, but they have a pair saved for the children.

Strike lands in one of the crevices on the mountain and closes his wings as Gold lands next to him. The rain hit as soon as she did land. He growled as the rain hit his scales and they begin to glow.

“It looks good when it glows.” Gold comments.

“Well, it gets annoying…” Strike mutters, trying to get closer to the mountain wall.

She coos, making the coldness in Strike’s heart melt a little. He has been getting a little difficult because it is the raining season. Laying down, Gold copies him and puts her head on her paws as she stretches out.

He looks at her, thinking she is beautiful how the rain falls off her scales like that. She feels him watching her and looks at him, making him quickly look away.

“You could at least tell me when your looking at me.” she scoffs.

Shrugging, he looks at the darkening sky. “Remember how we met?”

“Then you got caught. The mighty Strike, being taken by Vikings.” she jokes. “Then you met Dalton, Taylor meeting me. Then this. How do you expect me to remember?”

“I’m not sure, but what do you think they are doing?” he asks, referring to something you’ll find out later.

“Hopefully staying out of trouble.” she replies.

Without warning, Strike crumbles off the edge of the crevice and flies in the direction of Berk. Gold understands and follows him quickly, the one thing she knows she can beat Strike at.

They landed at the beach, the two children of Dalton and Taylor running up to them. One was three years, the other four. The two hop on the dragons, kicking their sides to make them walk back to Berk. Something, the two Night Furies are accustomed to.

“Do you think Dalton or Taylor’s worried?” Strike asks his mate.

She nods her head. “Especially since Christopher has a cough and Jessica is grounded. Let’s hurry.”

Although the kids didn’t understand the dragons, they feel their pace pick up. Jessica, the oldest wails from anger and jumps off Strike, running back to the beach. Christopher claps his hands and follows his sister, making the dragons groan. The only way to get them now, was to hold them in their claws, something wrong and sometimes illegal.

Gold launches into the air, Strike following, and grabs Jessica before she is able to crouch down to avoid the dragon. She flies close to the ground with the struggling child in her claws, but she made it to the house, making the child go inside.