Chapter 8

Zoey's POV:

I dance around the bus kitchen making myself a mini cup of mac n cheese.

The boys went to a meeting, and Issy went food shopping leaving me by myself.

"I'm losing her 'cause she's so.." I sing to myself. I hear a sharp knock on the door and jump a little, causing me to spill the mac n cheese on my hand and on the floor.

I let out a screech as the boiling liquid starts to burn my hand and quickly run it under the sink.

"Zoey?! Babe are you okay?" I hear Ashton ask as arms wrap around my waist. I nod tightly, drying my hand off gently and burying my face in his shoulder trying to ignore the searing pain covering a large portion of my hand.

"You freaking scared me! My hand is burning!" I say, my voice tight as I try not to cry. Ashton pulls me closer to him as a few tears leave my eyes.

"I'm sorry baby, we have some burn cream in the bathroom." He picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. He gently carries me to the bathroom and sets me on the counter.

Gently, he applies the burn cream to my hand, but I still screw my eyes up in pain.

"Ash.." I whine at him. He rolls his eyes with a smile as he finishes.

"Come on Zoe." He helps me off the counter. When we go in to the main room of the bus, the other boys and Issy are back from their various errands.

"Hey guys! We were just about to head out to eat at Maccas if you want to come."

Ashton and I look at each other, and a smile crosses my face. "Definitely!" I exclaim.

Ashton laughs and takes my non-injured hand in his. "Fine, but Calum's buying."

"What? What did I do?" Calum exclaims. I giggle at him, and he shoots me a glare. "What are you laughing at?"

Five minutes and some bodyguard persuasion later we are sitting in a huge booth at McDonalds.

Issy orders for her, Luke, Ashton, and I, and Calum gets his and Michael's food.

"Thanks Issy!" I start to devour my food, ravenous because I hadn't had anything since my tiny breakfast.

Calum looks over at me with a disgusted look on his face. "Could you be a little less repulsive please? I know how hard that is for you." I glance over at Ashton, but he didn't hear Calum's rude remark as he was in a conversation with Luke. Michael on the other hand heard.

"Seriously mate? Like you have room to talk! You have sauce all down your shirt. Leave the girl alone."

I shot him a grateful glance, and Ashton and Luke stop talking to take in what just happened.

Ashton wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer. "Ignore him, babe. I don't know what's gotten into him."

"It's my fault, I shouldn't be here. I still feel bad that y'all have to have me on tour with you Ash..." he looks at me with sad eyes.

"Blue we wouldn't have come to you before if we didn't want you to be with us."

I hear Cal scoff as he gets out of the booth and stomps off towards the bathrooms. Luke smiles at me sheepishly as he follows him.

A/N
Finally updated after years of inactivity... I'm gonna try to update more often!
Also check out my new story baby steps!!