V.

Friday, 2 August 2019

Venus was just about to start cleaning up her dinner when three knocks sounded from her front door

Venus was just about to start cleaning up her dinner when three knocks sounded from her front door. She looked over at Viola who slept peacefully in their bed, not even opening an eye to look in the direction of the taps. Her mind instantly went to who could possibly be knocking on her door. It wouldn't be Salvatore after last night, Venus had a suspicion he might not want to confront the situation, only let it slide by till it was irrelevant and gone. Neither would it be Rin or Meo, they were mates with Salvatore but Venus knew they were their own people and would probably have gone to check on her if they actually knew where she lived. It wouldn't be Gioele, neither Jamie. And just like that, she was running out of people it could be.

She walked to the door, opening it so her head could stop spinning with possible outcomes to what was about to happen. But she started dizzying even more when she saw who stood there.

"Harry."

He was wearing his dungarees again, another one of his white tank tops, and pink Converse. When she opened the door and said his name, he looked up from the ground. The alcohol from last night had worn off, the lack of sleep he'd gotten and a slight headache showed in the small circles under his eyes and tired irises. He ran a hand through his hair, getting a curl away from before his eyes. Venus hadn't thought Harry would show up, even after what happened the night before. She herself didn't quite understand the whole situation; why it had been hard to sleep last night because she couldn't get the feeling of Harry's lips against her skin out of her head. She remembered everything so incredibly clearly, every little detail. And now Harry was here. Out of free will. Knocking at her door. The day after he'd stood up for her in that pub and kissed her hand.

"What're you doing?" he asked, voice weak as he probably hadn't spoken till now today. Quickly, he cleared his throat.

Venus looked over at her kitchen, but Viola stroking her back against her leg stopped her from answering. A small meow and a flick of her tail later, and Harry was hunched down, petting her. Venus just watched as Viola closed her eyes and moved closer to Harry, purring her approval of him being there. Swiftly, he picked her up, hugging her to his chest while scratching Viola behind her ears. Harry looked from Viola and at Venus, encouraging her to answer his previous question. However, it was hard when someone who had all her emotions kind of confused and her stomach doing funny things, stood right before you cuddling your cat, looking all adorable and insanely sexy at the same time. She scratched at her neck, keeping her eyes on Viola.

"About to make some dinner." She said.

"And how is it?"

Her eyes met his, a little taken aback by his interest in something as simple as what her dinner was going to be. "Good." She simply replied, not really knowing what else he wanted her to say.

"So you're doing okay? After last night?"

She felt herself take a huge inhale of air along with the tingles that ran up her spine, all the way out to her fingertips. Something about Harry needing to know she was alright got to her; something about the urgency in his voice made her entire body sing with a feeling she couldn't quite put a word to. Biting her lips together, she tried to calm her goosebumps before speaking again.