8

HAZEL AND CHA CHA MARCHED TOWARD THEM. Eric felt his throat go dry. They didn't seem happy at all. They were wearing suits, the same ones as before and their happy go lucky masks. Eric was surprised that he didn't have nightmares or ptsd from seeing them. His mind lingered on the memories of his kidnapping, when he was used as human bait for Five, who could've been killed. Five didn't seem fazed though, moving over to get out of the car and grabbing the briefcase as he did so. Eric watched him and almost felt the urge to tell him to stop, that it wasn't safe. But Eric knew that Five was tough and could defend himself easily. He was strong like that.

"Luther hold this." He commanded and surprisingly Luther complied, taking the (fake) case from Five. Eric got out of the car as well, standing behind Luther and Five, who were much stronger than him. Cha Cha and Hazel stoped a few feet away, as Cha Cha raised an eyebrow challengingly.

"So. What do you want for it." She said sternly, the tone in her voice made Eric assume that she had to have done this before. Which knowing her, she definitely has.

"I want to talk to her." Five said quickly, without hesitation and Luther shifted from foot to foot. Eric squinted to see the two assassins reactions, noticing how both their faces paled.

"You better not tell her about the briefcase." Cha Cha hissed and Five nodded, stepping forward.

"I won't. I'm not stupid." He answered and Eric scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Fine give me a moment." Cha Cha muttered as she went over to a landline, starting to type in numbers rapidly. She said some stuff to whoever answered the call and then returned to her old spot next to Hazel with a smug smile.

"Done. Now the case." She demanded and Five motioned to Luther. The big man threw the case out there, making it land on the ground and open up, exposing that it was a fake. The metal parted were scattered by Cha Cha and Hazel's feet. Eric felt his heart sink and he almost wanted to cry then and there. 

"Luther!" Five said angrily, backing up. Cha Cha puckered her lips and immediately held out her gun, shooting. That's when time froze right before Five's eyes. He looked around, feeling grateful at his old bosses timing. And there she was, right in front of him. Dressed in her signature black dress and hat. With her blonde hair curled and a cigarette up by her mouth. She stepped forward, smiling dryly.

"Hello Five." She said and he nodded.

"Hello. I want to be lifted of my death sentence." He replied eagerly and she laughed.

"Getting right to the point now, are we? Silly Five, we have all the time in the world." She walked around Luther, finally coming close enough to Five. She was like some pedophile that Five didn't want to mess with. Perhaps he did fancy her in his older years but feelings change when someone tries to kill you and you turn younger again.

"I understand that." He answered, glancing to Eric and his brother.

"I just want this to be done honestly. I have things to do." He mumbled and she laughed loudly.

"Like trying to stop the apocalypse? C'mon Five, it's not going to happen." Her voice made Five feel uneasy. He shifted his feet.

"Listen just let me free of my death sentence and I'll lay off on the apocalypse thing. It's inevitable right?" Five lied right through his teeth. His old boss studied him for a moment and then sighed.

"Sure. But if I hear of you trying stuff again then the only way you'll be able to save yourself is to come back and work for us." She concluded and Five rolled his eyes with a scoff.

"I'd rather die." He sneered, making his old boss frown.

"Oh Fivey, we made such a good team. You were our best worker, what happened?" She asked sadly but Five wasn't fazed.

"I woke up." He said simply and she nodded.

"Well the offer for you to return is always there. I will be going now." She finished and Five looked around quickly.

"Wait!" He said, rushing over to a bullet that was head toward Eric's head. He moved it over out of the way, then proceed to take Cha Cha and Hazel's guns and un load them, tossing the bullets to the left and the guns to the right.

"Five... how about you come back to work for us. Momentarily. To make up for your mistakes." She began and Five's eyebrows furrowed. He knew she wouldn't let him just plain leave but he was beginning to get hope. That hope was demolished though, now he knows what her intentions are. Five weighed his options, if he disagrees then she could potentially get mad and that wouldn't be good.

"If I go back... I request one thing." He concluded and she nodded with a smirk.

"Sure. Anything." She stated and Five let out a breath.

"I want Eric to come with me. He's my friend and I don't want him here until I can get back." He decided and she bit her lip in thought. Five tried to study his old bosses reactions to see if he could figure out what she was thinking. She mumbled a few things before nodding.

"I don't see why not. If you come back to work for us then you both can have a room. Eric can stay there while you work. Do we have a deal?" She questioned him and Five hesitated as she reached out her hand. He shook it slowly, before everything around him disappeared.