15

ERIC SAT UP IN FIVE'S ROOM, laying down on the bed. He stared at the ceiling, his thoughts in a whirl. Where did his relationship with Five stand? Should he care? The apocalypse is literally so close yet all Eric could think about is the brunette boy with his heart.

He wondered if the world was really ending, if he should just go for it. Just kiss Five and savor their time together.

Eric realized though, Five could easily time travel and avoid this. Eric doubted he'd be able to time travel with him, it seemed impossible. Then again, who was he to judge Five's powers.

Eric sat up and began to wonder about his mom. Did she even care that he had been gone for so long? No, his mother isn't Joyce fucking Byers. She doesn't give a damn most likely.

Eric huffed out, to no one in particular, laying back down.

-

Meanwhile Five was at the bar downstairs, Dolores finally with him again. He went back and got her but suddenly she seemed so unimportant to him. But Five deeply needed to rant, so Dolores was who he decided to grab.

"Think we'll actually stop the apocalypse?" He asked her, taking a sip of an overly fruity drink. Dolores had her own cup, which had gone untouched by her mannequin hand.

"And after it's over... I hate feelings, Dolores." He continued, spinning the straw in his drink.

"What the hell will I do after the apocalypse?" As he muttered that, there was a knock on the door. Five groaned and put his drink aside to get up and get it. He opened the door swiftly, immediately seeing Hazel.

"Hey old timer." The older man said with his gun pointed at Five. The smaller boy didn't even flinch as he stared up at the man.

"Do you have my sister or something? And if not, would you like a margarita." Five asked plainly whilst raising an eyebrow. Once he received no reply from Hazel, he took that as a yes and turned around to walk into the house. Hazel followed behind him without hesitation. He still had the gun pointed at Five as the boy sat down on one of the bar stools. Hazel sat down across from him on the couch.

"You here to kill me?"

"Oh shit sorry, old habits." Hazel admitted, putting away the gun. Five cracked a smile at that.

"Though I can understand why you might feel threatened by me." Hazel continued with a smirk and Five rolled his eyes.

"Oh please, you attacked my house, tried to kill my family, kidnapped my brother and friend, so yes." He replied sarcastically, taking another sip of his drink.

"Well there's not much I can do about the past, don't forget I'm not the only killer in this room with bloody hands. Pal. Speaking of which, I can't believe you're free of-"

"Hazel, why are you here?" Five interrupted, looking up from his drink.

"Well I'm-" and at that moment Hazel was kicked down by none other than Diego himself. Immediately Five stood up angrily as his brother pounded at Hazel.

"Diego stop!" The boy insisted, being ignored. The men continued to fight as Five sat back down, amused.

"You know, before you kill him you might wanna hear what he has to say." Five mumbled, taking a slow sip of his drink.

"I'm gonna kill you for what you did to her." Diego hissed, pulling out a knife.

"Well okay, see how that goes." Five stated smugly as Diego took stabs at Hazel, who dodged them. Five knew who Diego was talking about, a police officer who he dated. She got in the way of Hazel and Cha Cha which ended badly as in the police girl was shot. Five knew if it had been Eric, he would be angrier than Diego even. He couldn't imagine losing the only good person in his life.

Diego stabbed Hazel in the leg and Five let out a mumble at the scar. That's definitely gonna need stitches. Hazel pulled out the knife and suddenly the fighting was back again. Finally after Diego bit Hazel badly, Five stood up, teleported to them and smashed a glass on Diego's head.

"That's where I draw the line." He said clearly with an eye roll. Hazel rubbed his head, moving around like a drunk man because of his leg.

"Okay so whatever you came here to say, I suggest you make it quick." Five stated whilst crossing his arms and giving Hazel a stern look.

"I left my partner, quit the commission and came to volunteer." Hazel announced with a dramatic shrug. Five sat back down on his stool.

"To what?"

"To help stop the apocalypse." Hazel quickly replied, like it was obvious. Five just laughed.

"What on earth could be so funny to you right now?" Hazel questioned, anger in his tone.

"Before I answer that, why do you wanna help us?" Five asked suspiciously, tilting his head. Hazel was silent for a moment as he took this question to thought.

"Let's just say I've invested interest in a waitress at a donut shop." He admitted, turning away. Five scoffed at how ironic that is.

"You're not the only one. It's quite scary how much we have in common at the moment. Except you're a day late on offering help. I mean, the fact that you're here at all truly proves that the apocalypse is over." He concluded, taking another sip. Hazel furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Really? How do you know?" He asked curiously, stepping forward. Five simply shrugged as he spoke,

"The mark is dead. Found him this morning. You were the last known unknown in this equation."

"Shit really?"

"And if you're out then that's it."

"Oh? Oh! Alright!" Hazel grinned at that, walking to the stool next to Five's. He sat down and there was a small moment of silence.

"So now what?" Hazel asked, turning to the boy.

"To be honest, I have no idea."

-

A/N:
im almost done with this book! thanks for the comments and stars, they make me wanna write more! anyways hopefully the new update will be here by saturday!