11

FIVE STEPPED TOWARDS THE HANDLER'S OFFICE WITH SLOW STEPS, he wasn't particularly excited for the following conversation and 'lunch'. As he opened the door he almost bumped into a boy his age. He looked the boy up and down, unimpressed. The skinny noodle arms and pale skin made the boy look privileged, like he hadn't worked a day in his life. Five hated kids like this. The boy didn't seem to like him much either as he purposely harshly brushed past Five and down the hall.

"Five! Come in!" The Handler shouted in her cheery annoying voice and Five brushed off the encounter he just had, strolling towards her.

"Hello." He mumbled, sitting on the chair directly in front of where she sat. His boss grinned, pulling out a sack of lunch.

"Sandwich?" She offered and he declined quickly. She pulled it out, obnoxiously chewing.

"You're up to something. Aren't you, Five?" She questioned suspiciously as Five shrugged.

"I'm not. I would never be that dumb to try and betray you all again." He lied, gazing straight into the Handler's eyes.

"You don't care about the apocalypse? The whole world ending? Your family getting... demolished?" She continued, pulling a piece of lettuce out of her teeth.

Five couldn't believe that she was seriously testing him. He wanted to punch her right now but that probably wouldn't be smart. He simply shook his head, taking a deep breath.

"Is this all? I think I'm going to go check on my friend." He stated and realized how odd it was to refer to Eric as his friend.

Five was confused about Eric all together, the darker boy seemed to have wormed his way into Five's heart like no one has ever done before.

"Yes. You may be excused." She replied simply, taking another bite of her sandwich. Five hopped up, exiting the room quickly. He rushed down the hall to his room.

-

"Oh thank god, Hey-"

"Hey. I did say I knew where you lived." Lance said with a smirk as Eric opened the door to his room.

"Oh hello. I thought you were Five." The brown eyed boy replied, looking slightly disappointed. Lance saw this and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah well if i was Five I could've just teleported here." He joked which made Eric scrunch his nose in confusion.

"I never told you about his powers.." He mumbled and Lance's own eyes widened in realization.

"Oh um- my mom had said that he had that ability. When I overheard her talking about him." He quickly answered and Eric nodded.

"Oh well you can come in if you want." He opened the door more and Lance took the invitation, stepping in the room. Eric walked over and sat on his bed, Lance sitting beside him.

"Hey Eric, how long do you think you'll be here?" He asked curiously to which Eric just shrugged.

"I don't know. As long as Five keeps me here I guess."

"You make it sound like you're a prisoner."

"Well not really but-"

"Did Five take you against your will?"

"No-"

"Maybe you shouldn't trust him."

"Lance seriously-"

"You know there's other people out there who won't force you to do-"

"Lance!" Eric finally raised his voice sternly.

"Why are you trying to turn me against Five, you haven't even met him." He accused and Lance bit his lip in thought.

"Yeah well I care about you." He said quickly which made Eric raise his eyebrows.

Lance turned to meet his eyes, blinking slowly. Eric felt his heart speed up as he glanced from Lance's eyes to his lips. Lance leaned forward slowly and Eric had no plans of stopping him.

Their lips grazed together for a moment before the door opened quickly with Five, himself, rushing in.

"What the hell?!" He asked abruptly at the two. Eric jumped away from Lance, feeling immensely guilty for some reason. The other freckled boy just smirked.

"So you're Five?" He asked, tilting his head. Five immediately hated this guy.

"Yeah, who's asking." He sneered as Lance stood up, strolling over. He offered a hand for Five to shake.

"I'm Lance." He smugly replied as Five ignored his hand.

"Well, Lance, could you do me a favor and leave please?" He asked, venom lacing his voice. The raven haired boy raised an eyebrow, turning back to Eric.

"Bye." He said with a wink as he exited. Five slammed the door behind him, turning back to Eric, who was in shock.

"He's a spy, Eric. Dammit! What did you tell him?" Five questioned angrily and Eric shook his head, still shaken.

"Oh um- I didn't say anything! I just talked about my life." He explained as Five paced around the room.

"We need to leave. Now. I saw him exiting the Handler's office and the symbol on his jacket, that's the undercover spy's symbol." He continued pacing as he spoke. Eric frowned, glancing down.

"So he didn't actually like me?"

"Did you like him?" Five stopped pacing, turning to Eric worriedly. The darker boy was confused as to why he cared.

"I mean... he's the first boy that's shown interest." He admitted which made Five roll his eyes.

"We don't have time for this." He stated, grabbing Eric's hand and pulling him up.

"Oblivious fuck." Five mumbled, rushing Eric out the door with him.

"Stay by my side. We're leaving this hell hole."