day 9- road trip

"ONWARD, MY TRUSTY STEED!"

"LANCE, IF YOU DIE, I'LL KILL YOU!"

"I SAW IT IN A MOVIE! I'LL BE FINE!"

Hunk gunned the pickup truck and Lance whooped with happiness, squatting in the trunk with a wild grin on his face.

Keith, Hunk, and Lance were driving from the coast to the Garrison, but after being stuffed up in the pickup for nearly 4 hours, Lance decided he wanted some action beside Hunk's terrible attempts at rapping and Keith's sour dislike of all of Lance's music ("I didn't think your taste was this bad!").

So, being the idiot he was, he brilliantly remembered the scene in Perks of Being a Wallflower and promptly wiggled out of the back window into the pickup truck's bed, crouching there like an idiot as Hunk went 55 down the highway.

It was nighttime so the highway wasn't crowded and it was a straight road anyway, but Keith felt his heart leap to his throat as Lance's hair blew out behind him, a crazy, delirious expression on his face.

The summer wind whipped through the car and the street lights cast shadows over their features, their laughter echoing out onto the highway.

Keith craned his neck to watch Lance. The Blue Paladin shouted over the wind, "Turn up the music!" Unfortunately, "the music" was Lance's iPod, particularly the shittiest Latino pop Keith had ever heard (no hate on Latino music, just Lance's particular taste in it). But when Hunk cranked up the stereo, Keith was surprised to hear a song he actually knew. And liked.

"You like this song?" He yelled out the window to Lance, who was slowly raising himself to kneel in the bed of the pickup. Lance grinned at him incredulously.

"EVERYONE LOVES THIS SONG!"

It was true. You literally couldn't not like Tears for Fears, especially the classic 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World'. Keith watched Lance in wonder as the teen rose up to stand,  then lifted his arms up, his shirt riding up to expose his toned stomach and smooth skin, marred only by adorable freckles and a small scar from his appendix surgery from when he was little.

Keith rolled his eyes, but he was smiling. You couldn't not smile. They were crazy teens doing crazy shit in an old pickup with old music on the shitty stereo...

Lance looked at Keith and grinned. He mouthed, "I love you."

Keith blushed, but he nodded. "I love you too."

...