day 14- blankets

rough day :/

That was the text that had started it. Lance's distress as he'd read the message from his boyfriend had prompted the idea. He was always the one in the relationship with more... childish creativity, so he used it to his advantage.

It took nearly two hours, but finally, everything was ready, and just in time for Keith to come home. Lance hid a smile as he sat, waiting, in the decked-out living room. "I'm home!" Keith called wearily and Lance heard the sound of him kicking off his shoes, setting his keys on the counter, and then the muffled thumps as Keith padded into the living room.

Lance watched in delight as Keith slowly stepped into the room, his eyes alight with wonder.

Lance had completely transformed the living room into a cozy, aesthetic, blanket fort. He'd thrown sheets over the lamps to dim the lights and strung fairy lights around the walls. In the corner, the record player was playing Hozier's new album for a more homey feel and the curtains were drawn back to let the moon- and star-light spill into the room. The couch had been transformed into a giant pillow and blanket fort, comforters and sheets and quilts making the ceiling, couch cushions as the walls, a nest-like pile of duvets making up the floor.

Lance had pulled the TV down onto the floor in the fort and the screen was paused, the Disney logo mid-serenade. Several Disney movies were laid out on the floor before the TV, but Keith recognized Lilo & Stitch's empty case propped up by Lance. He felt his heart twinge. Lance remembered his favorite Disney movie?

A big box of pizza was open on the floor in the center of the fort, alongside two glass bottles of Coca-Cola, a plate of cookies Lance had grabbed from Hunk's cafe, and a platter of fondue fruit.

And then, the best part of all. Lance sat criss-crossed on the floor, a bright and hopeful smile on his lips, wearing one of Keith's sweatshirts and boxers. His hair was messy and he was holding a neat stack of pajamas with Keith's glasses perched on top in his hands. He handed the pile to Keith.

"Go change, then we can eat," Lance said excitedly. Keith took the pajamas, but stopped to kiss Lance softly on the lips before he left.

"Thank you, love. It's perfect."