Chapter 1 - Welcome to Danville

The apartment was pressed in between two buildings, white paint chipping off in various places, while a tree sat in front of it, seeming to block the front door from anyones view. You didn't mind moving. It was only normal in your family. Your parents would move to various houses, fix them up, and sell them for double the price. Sometimes they wouldn't mind negotiating, if you were reasonable. Though, you often wished you would stay somewhere a little longer than a year, giving you a chance to make new friends, instead of just being by yourself for most of your life.

"It may not need much fixing up, but we're probably gonna stay here for longer than normal," your mom explained as you helped her carry several items up the stairs, "So, you should be able to make some friends while we're here," she continued, turning to give you a small smile, tucking a strand of her sandy blond, red tipped hair behind her ear, "I've heard the residence here are pretty interesting people."

"Oh, please," your dad spoke up from beside the moving van, pulling out a box and briefly adjusting his glasses, "You know half the stuff that happens in this town is nothing but a lie," he might have come off as harsh to anyone else, but it wasn't hard to hear the smile in his voice as he spoke, "I mean, come on," he said with fake exasperation, walking up the stairs to join you and your mom, "Llama stampedes, runaway fire trucks, falling rollercoasters, an evil group of super villeins called L.O.V.E. M.U.F.F.I.N.," he placed the box he was carrying beside the front door, fishing for the house keys in his pocket, "It all sounds pretty ridiculous, if you ask me."

You couldn't help but smile at your dad's words, unable to get over the fact that a group of supposed super villeins decided to call themselves "love muffin." It was pretty unbelievable, all the stuff you've heard from your parents about this city. You were honestly a little nervous when they decided to pick this place for their new project, but the more you thought about it, the more you figured all of it was just a big tourist trap to get people to come visit, or something along those lines.

"Now, dear, don't be like that," your mom spoke up, giving your dad a light nudge in the side with her elbow, "I'm sure this place will be full of surprises. Especially with a group of super villeins in town."

He let out a light laugh in response, pulling out the house keys and unlocks the front door, taking in a deep breath of that new house smell, "Fixing up this beauty will be just great," he stated, picking up a few boxes and walking them inside, "I can see it now," he began, rambling on about what could go where, color palates, and decorations.

You picked up one of the lighter boxes, and followed your dad into the house, ready to start your new life in a new town, where very strange things happen.