Chapter 5 - Pretzel's and Peanuts

It had been around a week since you've been in the band. During that time, and in between practices, you got to make some small talk every so often. You learned that Lyle was like the manager of the group, which didn't come as much of a surprise with how well organized he tended to keep everything. In fact, he was probably the most well organized of the entire group. Max was the lead singer of the band, which also didn't come a much of a surprise, considering how charismatic he tended to be. Plus, his voice, the group decided, was one of the best out of everyone else's. Sean was sort of the child of the group. He tended to try and keep things light and fun, making different exercises for the group to preform and even getting a few jokes in here and there. The last member, Melvin, was the only one you didn't really talk to, mostly because he didn't say much aside form the occasional comment, or listing off what he made everyone for snacks and lunch.

Friday, a little before practice was a over, Lyle called a quick meeting at the table in the garage, pulling out his color coded schedule to show the group, "Alright everyone," he began, pointing to the very first time slot on the page, "Max, you'll be spending two and a half hours with (Y/N) at that karaoke place nearby, correct?" he asked, turning his gaze to Max, who muttered a small, "Yeah," in conformation.

"Melvin and I have her Sunday, right?" Sean asked, flicking his focus from his phone to the notebook.

"Yes, you and Melvin are Sunday, while Max and I  have her tomorrow," Lyle explained, "And just in case anyone is still confused, I'll send it in the group chat," he turned his focus to you, "And you confirmed with your parents about the schedule?"

You nodded in reply, a small smile on your face, "We still have practice like normal, too right?" you asked, double checking your notes you made in your phone.

Lyle gave a small nod in reply, "Yes, we still have practice these day's. You'll just be meeting with Max and Sean a bit earlier than normal," he confirmed, "Now, before ending the meeting, does anyone have any more questions?" he shifted his gaze around the table, waiting for several seconds to see if anyone wanted to ask something, finally dismissing the meeting, once he was sure no one had any questions.

Everyone quickly began to pack up their belongings, Sean latching on to Lyle for conversation with Max close behind them. You would have joined them, but you noticed Melvin was by himself, looking over something written down in a notebook, a pencil in hand. You glanced at your phone, taking note that your dad would still be a few minutes before he showed up. Nodding, you shuffled over to Melvin, a small smile on your face, "Uh, hi," you greeted quietly, offering a small wave, "What are you up to?" you asked, briefly catching a glimpse of the notebook he had before he quickly moved it aside so you couldn't see what was occupying the page

"Not much," he replied simply, gaze still fixed on the notebook, "Just working on something," he stated, quickly scribbling something down on the paper

You awkwardly cleared your throat, "Right..." you muttered, rubbing your arm and shifting your gaze to the side. You awkwardly stood there for several seconds before a car horn gained your attention, finding that your dad had arrived. You gave a small wave goodbye to the boys as you walked down the drive way to the car, "See you guys tomorrow!"

A chores of farewells left the boys as they waved goodbye to you.

+

You adjusted your blue skirt and black jacket, looking yourself over in your bedroom mirror as you fixed your hair, silently wondering if you should change into something different. You wanted to look nice for the occasion, but you wondered if you were underdressed or if you were overdressed.