Chapter 4 - Schedules, Schedules Everywhere

A loud huff escaped you as you fell face first onto your bed. You hadn't realized how exhausted you were from the auditions until you had arrived back home. You closed your eyes, ready to let sleep take hold of you, when—

BIZZ, BIZZ.

You groaned, pulling your phone from your front pocket and staring at the screen, finding that it was a message from an unfamiliar number.

Hey, (Y/N), this is Lyle, the message read, Welcome to the group chat. Everyone, sound off.

Immediately, your phone was bombarded with notifications from the boys.

Yo, (Y/N), Max here!

Hey, I'm Sean.

👋 Melvin

Oh, wow, Mel, Max typed out, Ur not even gonna say hi?

I did say hi, Melvin replied to the message.

You quickly went to type out a greeting, a million questions filling your mind, Hey, guys! Uh, so, is there anything I need to know about?

Here, Lyle typed, sending a photo of the practice schedule, We're also going to need your measurements for the uniform, so dress light tomorrow. Practice is the same place as auditions.

Uuugggghhhhhh, so formal, Max replied to the message, Cant u lighten up Lyle????

Well, not everyone can be as care free as you, Max, Lyle responded.

You quickly began to type out a reply in hopes of avoiding an argument, Thanks for all the info! I'll be sure to let my parents know about what's going on! See you all at rehearsal!

Quickly, your phone was, once again, bombarded with messages from the boys.

See u! ✌️😎

Talk later, (Y/N)

If you have any more questions, just let me know.

👋

You smiled lightly at the messages, locking your phone and placing it in your pocket. You got up from your bed and made your way into the hall, gaze searching for your parents, "Marco!" you called into the apartment.

"Polo!" a set of voices shouted from in the living room.

You made your way into the living room, finding your parents organizing the furniture, "So..." you began, tugging out your phone to open your messages, "I got the schedule for the band practice and was just curious, could we look over it at some point tonight?" you asked, rocking back and fourth on your heels and offering your parents a nervous grin.

"Sure, sweetie!" your mom chirped in reply, briefly adjusting a desk lamp before going towards the coffee table and stacking up several magazines that had been tossed on it, "How does after dinner sound?" she asked, turning to you and offering a small smile.

"That works," you replied, returning the smile, "But, uh, did you need any help?"

Your parents exchanged a quick glance before turning to you and nodding,

Without a second thought, you immediately jumped in and began to help them organize the rest of the apartment.

+