💔Till Death Do Us Part - Jacklyn

"So wake me up when they build that time machine,
I want to go back,
Wake me up when you were sleeping next to me,
'Cause I really loved you,
Thank you for the happiest year of my life."

~~~

Brooks POV

I used to think the phrase 'till death do us part' was stupid. How could you love someone for that long? All relationships end eventually. Love falls apart and there's nothing you can do about it. So why would you promise to love someone that long with no guarantee that it would last?

I never used to believe in love. I didn't think I'd ever fall. I found the idea of 'love at first sight' ridiculous. How could you love someone you don't actually know?

I grew up and avoided dating, not seeing the point in it if we were just going to break up within a few weeks. Girls would throw themselves at me but I'd always brush them off, never giving a reason why I rejected their advances.

I soon found out I didn't even like girls in that way. I liked boys. I still wasn't going to date though. Boys were worse than girls when it came to messing with someones feelings. I wouldn't be a victim and have my heart broken by someone like that.

But as I got older, I realised there was no escaping his captivating emerald eyes. I had met him on a night out with a few friends, ending up in the toilets with his cock in my ass. I saw no harm in having a little fun. I was never going to see him again so I wouldn't get attached.

But my friends seemed to think it was a good idea to add him to our little group. I saw him every day after that and I fell further and further every time I looked into his captivating green eyes. We would tease each other all the time, and whether it was flirting or just plain banter, I couldn't deny the way my heart fluttered at his words.

Fast forward a few years to the day we married. I never thought I'd be in that position, facing the love of my life at the alter and promise to spend the rest of my life loving him. But as I looked into his captivating green eyes, I knew I had made the right decision.

I still think 'death do us part' is stupid, but not for the same reason. It's stupid to think that you'd fall out of love with someone that easily.

I fell ill. Of course I did. Life was never on my side, so why would it let me carry on living just because I was finally happy?

My days we numbered, we all knew that. He pretended to stay strong for me, but I saw how much it broke him to see me slipping away. His captivating green eyes grew dimmer the weaker I got and I knew he was giving up hope. We had to. There was nothing left to hope for.

He sat by my side in the hospital the day before I died and told me how much he loved me. How he wished things could have been different between us. I wished the same thing. I wished I loved more when I was younger instead of running away from happiness. None of it could've changed my fate, but at least I would've lived a happier life.

As I fade away, I watch my baby boy cry. His sobs echo as he tells me how much he loves me. A tear falls down my cheek as I watch him fall apart, not understanding how I could've fallen for someone that incredible. I'll love him forever, death being nothing but a slight inconvenience.

And as I reach heavens gates, I wait. I watch over him as the years pass, refusing to move on until I have his hand in mine. I wait patiently for his time. I watch as he moves on, falling for someone new. But I don't feel the slightest bit threatened because I know he's mine. His heart belongs to me. I hang onto the hope that we will be together soon, and I wait.

Because heaven wouldn't be the same without him by my side.

a/n
hey guys. idk what this is but it was sad and cute so...

hope you enjoyed!

Bye guys Xx