Metal against Skin

The boy continued to wrestle with Thomas. He managed to get his hands around Thomas' shoulder and dig his nails into the skin, drawing blood. They were both shouting things at each other loudly.

"It's all your fault!"

"Get off me!"

"You did this!"

"You did this to us! You and her!"

The boy turned to me and smiled cruelly.

"You and her."

The boy turned back to Thomas quickly punched him in the head. Thomas fell back down from his kneeling position.

My head once again exploded in a flurry of pain and I stumbled once before I heard the voice loud and clear.

Run Teresa, run.

I ran a few meters and looked back once to see Thomas shove the kid off him and stand up. I yelled out to him to hurry up and on the way past he grabbed my hand and yanked me along with him.

"Hey! help!" Thomas yelled.

We were almost at the tree line when I tripped on a log. Thomas looked behind me from where he was standing on the top of the small hill and he started yelling.

I started to scramble up the small mound of dirt when I felt a pair of cold hands grip my leg. I screamed and tried even harder to get up.

"Thomas! Help me!" I yelled. He reached his hands down and I managed to grab one. He started pulling and I looked behind me to see the boy smiling evilly at me. I pulled a leg up as far as I could, still in his iron cold grip and smashed it back onto his face.

In his surprise, his grip faltered and it was just enough to get out of his clutches and up the hill. the boy stumbled back a little then shook his head.

We started running again and I heard the boy ascend the obstacle far quicker than either of us did. We ran at top speeds to get through the tree line and to safety. The boy was hell-bent on not letting us get there though as he was full-out sprinting after us.

"I'll kill you both!" He yelled.

"Help! Help us!" Thomas and I yelled.

We made it past the trees and into the Glade where many Gladers were rushing towards us.

I saw Newt running towards us with a shovel in hand. When the boy got close enough, he swung the shovel at his head. Thomas and I swerved to the side before it could hit us instead of him.

The thud of metal against skin was so loud, it sounded as if it was happening an inch from my ear. I looked over from where I was sprawled across the grass to see a bunch of Gladers holding him down.

"Calm down, mate." I heard Newt tell him. I coughed.

"Newt. Newt he's been stung." I wheezed out.

He looked over at me and then back down at the boy under him. He moved one arm off the boys leg and lifted his shirt.

The wound looked nasty. There was an oval shaped hole in his side and there were purple and blue tendrils winding their way up the boys body.

"Get him to the Homestead. set him up. He's gone at sunset." Newt told the teenager next to him. A bunch of boys lifted him up and carried him in the direction of the Homestead.

"What happened?" he asked me angrily.

"He just attacked us." I said.

"What were you doing in the Deadheads anyway?"

"Going for a walk! Is that illegal?" I asked him

"No but anyone could have told you it was a bad place to be if you had bothered to ask." He told me.

I got up and shoved my way past him.

"I'm not done with you! We'll finish this later!" He yelled after me.

"Whatever, dad!" I screamed back, sticking up the finger as I stalked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Media=

Photo= Movie Poster

Video= " THE MAZE RUNNER - CAST INTERVIEW!! : Todd's Blog" (aka my fav maze runner interview ever!)

Goal is

270 reads.