Lots of Running

I was facing the doors when I heard it.

A loud screeching echoing from somewhere inside the Maze.

Grievers.

A voice suggested for me. It sent shivers down my spine and I involuntarily shuddered. The air in the Maze seemed to get thicker and it was hard to breath.

I turned to face the first path into the labyrinth and I began to run.

My mind seemed to be wired for running in the Maze because I could remember the path I took like it was spray painted on the ground as I ran past.

Like before, I heard a loud screeching and I stopped cold. It was close.

I looked behind me to see a large shadow drop down from the wall and my breath hitched. I don't think it had seen my yet but even so, if I moved to much or to fast, it would see me and then I would be definitely dead.

It didn't see me and it turned and scuttled down another path. I let out my breath and looked around me for somewhere I could hide until I was absolutely sure it was gone.

There was a lot of ivy on the section in front of me and I could just see underneath it, a small shelf underneath the wall.

I struggled to get through the thick wall of ivy and I grunted loudly. I heard a screech nearby and I stopped cold.

Goddamn it Ravyn.

I managed to get through and I got in the small hideout just in time to hear whirring and clicking. A set of legs stopped in front of my hiding spot and I covered my mouth with my hands to make sure I was quiet enough that it couldn't hear me there.

The legs were glinting in the moonlight and that's when I realised they were mechanical. As it walked past, whirring and clicking as it went, a blob of something landed on the ground. It continued to walk past and I waited another minute before coming out of my hiding spot.

I lent down next to the blob and saw that it was some kind of goo.

I stood up again. Maybe it was for keeping its joints from getting too creaky and stiffening up.

I began to run again and I heard the whirring get closer. I turned around and saw a Griever chasing me in the shadows. I ran faster. It was fast. Really fast.

I was still unconsciously mapping my route back to the Glade and I wasn't watching where I was going. I led my self to a dead end. I looked around quickly.

There was a large wall of ivy to my left and I ran for it. I began climbing as fast as I could and the Griever crashed into the wall. It was momentarily stunned and I used that short amount of time to propel myself slightly higher up the wall. Its metal arms sunk into the wall either side of me with a crack. It fell down again.

There was a ledge I could reach if I was slightly higher so I cdid my best to climb with the Griever literally at my heels.

I made it to the ledge and I stood on top of it. I looked up and saw the Glade, it was dark and I could see small figures walking about, proabably getting ready for bed.

I heard gears moving and I looked behind me to see the Griever slowly making its way up the wall but that wasn't what was making the sound. The wall I was standing on was moving. The Maze was moving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was that guys?

Media=

Photo= Character Poster

Video= "Behind the scenes: Making the Maze."

Goal is

590 reads.