Interesting

The first thing I felt was a hand on my forehead. I opened my eyes to find Jeff, the Med-Jack, checking my temperature.

"I'll be back. I'll go get Newt." He told me before hurrying off. I sighed.

"What's wrong with you?" I heard him yell at me. I turned my head toward him.

"Do you have a death wish?" He continued.

"No." I replied before sitting up.

"I needed to show you that I can protect myself."

"There's plenty of ways you could have done that! You didn't have to go prancing off into the Maze with just your good intentions."

"What the hell happened out there anyway?" He asked me.

"I killed one. I killed a Griever."

<**#**>

"I can show you! I can prove I killed one!' I yelled at the group of boys that were sitting in the stands.

I had called a meeting to tell them about my achievement but none of them were listening.

Minho must have been getting sick of all the yelling because he yelled at everyone to stop.

"I'll go with her." He said.

Immediately the yelling started up again.

Thomas stepped up.

"I'll go as well."

Gally glared at the three of us.

"No. The rules are here for a reason. They give us order." He said.

"Gally, we can't stay here for the rest of our lives! We might actually learn something from the body. There was this cylinder. It had flashing numbers on it and I dropped it. I need to get it back. It could be important." I pleaded.

"Newt. you agree with me don't you? This could be huge." I turned to him instead.

"We can't just have non-Runners going into the Maze whenever they feel like it." he paused.

"But, this one time I'll grant you permission as second in command, access to the Maze if Minho thinks it's best that we check this out." Newt said.

Minho nodded. Gally yelled in frustration and walked out, followed by his Builder cronies.

"Thank you." I said sincerely. He nodded and waved us off.

Minho, Thomas and I left the building and walked towards the doors.

"This is a simple in and out thing. We aren't stopping for anything else or doing anything else, got it. In and out." Minho said. We both nodded.

"Come on, I'll show you." I said before jogging into the wretched Maze.

I led them through twists and turns and pathways and corridors. I turned the last sharp corner and led them down to the closed doors.

The body was still there, thank god. Although it's not like it could get up and leave. It was dead after all.

"Holy shit."

"You actually did it."

Leaning against the wall on the other side, I saw the cylinder. It was still clicking slowly and I walked over and picked it up.

"This is it." I said, handing it to Minho. He took it and looked up at me.

"What the hell is that?" Thomas asked. Minho didn't answer and I just shrugged.

"Interesting." Minho finally said.

"Come on, you said this is an in and out mission, right. Let's just take it back to the Glade and work it out from there, yeah?" I suggested.

"Sounds good." Thomas said. Minho gripped the cylinder and took the lead, taking us back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Media=

Photo= Character Poster

Video= "Movie Clip"

Goal is

800