Why You Shouldn't Run Away

[Seo-yeon's POV]

I charged as fast as I could in order to reach the Bus. I made it just in time and squished in along with the others passengers. I was almost late for my interview!

I held the bar with one hand and opened a mirror with another. I carefully wiped off my sweat and re-applied the makeup that had been washed away due to it. I began rehearsing under my breath what I was going to say there, and before I knew it, my destination had already arrived. I got off the bus and ran straight into the lift. I was breathing to calm myself down when I noticed a scratch on my hand. I quickly hid it and went in when the interviewer called out my name.
"What's your name?"
"Kim Seo-Yeon"
"And why did you apply for this job?"
"It's because I feel I'm responsible. I am extremely capable of managing a team and am also responsible and hardworking. On top of that I'm extremely good at memorising and I'm always ready to make developments in my character and and always there to fix my errors in case I make any. Also I always learn from my mistakes and aspire I do better . "I half lied , I mean who doesn't ?

"OK" the examiner replied probably not knowing what I was thinking. I bet even the examiners lied during their interviews. There's nothing new. It's not that I was lying but I just recited it as I had learnt it, I had an amazing memory. It often came to use in such situations.

The interviewer asked a few more questions which were no more new from the questions always asked in interviews. The same boring questions. How do I know? That's because this was around my twentieth interview. I stopped counting after my fifteenth one. There was some misunderstanding in my old company and I quit, companies usually fired me after four months or I quit myself. I was a person who attracted a lot of trouble. Atleast I was good at my work!

"Thank you, you can leave now. The interviewer gave me a smile, she got close to me in minutes."
Along with trouble I also attracted people towards me.

I called my aunt, who I had considered as my mother as long as I can remember.
My Aunt was an amazing person who had raised me as if her own and had also taken great care of me . I had a lot of love and respect for her. She always understood me and never made me feel the loss of parents as she always filled it up.

I had been orphaned at a young age and ended up with my aunt, that was the story that had been told to me everytime I asked about my parents. They had died in a car accident and I was extremely lucky to be alive. I didn't have any recollection of the accident so I trusted my aunt with what she told me.

Apparently I got an amazing memory after the accident but I forgot everything before it. I was about..5 when it happened. I can only remember lights and darkness, but it gave me a feeling of pain when I thought about it so I stopped wondering what had happened that day.

"How was your interview?"She asked
"I think it was good, I might land a permanent job this time" I replied
" That's great, come home quickly I made your favourite lunch. And I also bought some
Teokkbokki( I'm sorry if the spelling is wrong
-author) for us.
"Thanks Eomma(Mother)." I said. I was used to calling her mom.

I plugged in my earphones and began listening to Paradise, I was completely into the music. My average speed was also really fast. My whole life seemed to be in a rush. I was so into the music that I accidentally bumped into a guy. "Sorry, I'm so sorry." I said as I lifted myself up from the ground with his help and gathered the contents of my purse that had fallen down.

At first, I kept my face down but as I saw his face I noticed that he was really handsome.
He was a tall man with broad shoulders and was wearing expensive looking clothes and an expensive looking watch.
"They're probably fake"I thought to myself.

"So rude." He muttered under his breath.
"What!" I said
"Atleast look ahead of you"he said, unbothered.
I held myself back. I really needed to go home. I was already tired.
Unfortunately it seemed that the person's beauty was all for nothing. He was so rude!

Atleast he helped me get up. Otherwise he would have pushed me down instead.
His stare seemed cold.
"I'm sorry", I said for the last time before going.

"Miss, excuse me."

He called out after me

He called out after me. I didn't even turn back and ran away. I saw my bus coming to the stop. For some reason my handbag felt lighter. I just brushed it off and blamed my tiredness as I boarded the bus.

And that is how we first met.