viii| A Halloween to Remember

*Edited:23/03/2020*

Halloween was always an exciting time at Hogwarts, the masquerade ball highlighting the weekend

Halloween was always an exciting time at Hogwarts, the masquerade ball highlighting the weekend. Maria and the Marauders planned and rehearsed their roles in the prank almost every day in the history of magic classroom, perfecting every last detail of the stunt for All Hallows Eve.

Here they were once again running through it, making sure everyone knew their job before the grand feast began.
"So, is everyone clear on what they have to do?" Maria asked the group, using her magic to tidy up the sheets of paper scattered across her desk from the planning stage.

"Yes, Captain!" they exuberantly saluted back.

Maria laughed subtly, turning around to face the band of youths as they held their left hand on their hearts and the other in the saluting pose. They were taking their role very seriously, well, as serious as it got with the Marauders.

"Good soldiers, " She walked slowly down the length of the room and back, her hand behind her back like an army corporal addressing his regiment, " Now hurry down and get to your places, the feast is about to start."

With this, they scurried out of the classroom, well almost all of them. Sirius slowly walked out, his head held high showing his status. Her boys always knew how to get a laugh out of her. She gave him a teasing glance, distracting Sirius while James and Remus crept up behind him and dragged him from behind.

They ran off together, a faint call from Peter, " Hey guys... Wait for me!" was all that could be heard down the hallway.

Now it was Maria's turn to execute her part of the plan. As a well respected and 'cautious' professor, Maria first had to get permission from Albus to let the escapade go ahead. This may have been cutting it slim, seeing as the grand banquet started in less than half an hour, but Maria always had a way off getting what she wanted. Besides, who could resist her?

On her way to the headmaster's office, Maria stumbled upon Peeves, terrorising some first year's, scaring the poor souls out of their wits. But when he finally noticed her presence, the dissatisfaction evident on her face was enough to realise he was in big trouble.

"Hello, your highness" Peeves sheepishly greeted her, looking everywhere but into her eyes. A glare from Maria could kill in an instant if on the receiving end.

"Peeves" she replied with authority.

With Peeves distracted, she sent a gentle wink to his victims, giving them a chance to run off down the corridor, joining the others in the great hall.

"Feeling impressed with yourself Peeves?" Maria questioned, circling the poltergeist in an intimidating matter.

"oh that.., " he gulped before replying, " just helping some lost first years" he replied all too quickly for Maria's liking.