Ch.10

I wake up from another nightmare of Caitlin dying. It's been a week since the star labs experience and I'm hardly sleeping. Usually going out for runs, working on my suit, or just sitting and watching Caitlin sleep which if I might add she is adorable when she sleeps.

I feel like I'm losing it feeling plagued by nightmares of either Caitlin or Iris dying. Even the occasional nightmares where they both die. I started thinking back to what everybody said back at star labs and Kara sticks out the most. What she said really did get to me and  made me question myself.

I'm up about an hour before Caitlin usually gets up so I leave her note saying I'm out taking care of some things. I get changed real quick putting on a black T-shirt, blue jeans, vans, and my brown leather jacket.

Right before I head out I send a quick text to Kara telling her to meet me at Jitters to talk but to not tell anybody and to come alone

Right before I head out I send a quick text to Kara telling her to meet me at Jitters to talk but to not tell anybody and to come alone. I head there and grab a seat and 2 coffees. I wait there 5 minutes and then I see Kara walk in.

I see she has a happy face on. She walks over and sits down in front of me. I give her the coffee and she thanks me. "I was really surprised that you texted me saying you wanted to talk." Kara said looking at me.

"I asked you to talk because what you said back at star labs really got to me. It got me thinking and question myself. How even though I have a grudge against team flash for what they did to me you didn't do anything, I may be the bad guy but I'm not a monster. I don't go after people unless the deserve it."

"I know you Barry. You aren't bad, your good and you don't hurt the people you care about." She said placing her hand on mine. I look down and pull my hand away.

"The me that you knew is gone" I said
"No, I can't believe that because if the man I knew was completely gone you wouldn't have asked to talk." Kara told me with a look that sparked something inside of me I thought was gone.

Something inside me told me that she really wants to still be my friend. That she actually did care. "If you want to still be my friend and you still care then you'll you won't try and stop Caitlin and I. If you do this I can promise you neither I or Caitlin will hurt you."

"I don't think you can hurt me. That if it can down to it and it was me against you, you wouldn't hurt me because deep down you know that you still care about me. No matter how much you tell yourself otherwise you'll always be the guy that saves me from falling of that sky skyscraper."

I look at her almost in tears, with the eyes of a man that's broken and deep down still feels alone. I almost a whisper "I don't know how to be that guy anymore...to be your super friend." I say on the verge of tears.

"Then we'll figure it out together because I'm not giving up on you and I never will." She says with a determination that makes me feel not as alone anymore. That I might not be such a lost cause after all.

I look up at her with a smile on my face "Thanks Kara, you really are a beacon of hope. I have a lot of darkness and a long ride ahead of me but if I have both my super friend and the love of my life at my sides then I think I can do it.

Wow, it seems like Barry isn't as lost as we thought. So do you think he could find redemption and if so do you think he'll convince Caitlin to join him? Well I'll see all in the next one.