Chapter 3

After breakfast the tour of the manor began, every room was virtually empty and falling apart. The rest were of limits, which sparked Rose's imagination, as she dreamt up what could be lurking behind the locked doors. "This will be your classroom", Sir Benjamin gestured to a room on the left. Maria, Rose and Miss Heliotrope looked around with disappointment as the only piece of furniture which lay within was a single desk and 3 chairs. Lessons of French, latin, reading, writing and arithmetic began, soon followed by ettiquite and ballroom dancing. Miss Heliotrope also made time for sewing and singing, though Rose thought Miss Heliotrope sounded like a dying cat when she tried to teach. Most of the lessons were focused at Maria as she was younger, so Rose often helped Miss Heliotrope with educating her younger sister. 

After lessons Maria and Rose wandered round the grand, and mysterious manor, until they heard music playing. "What's that?" Rose asked as the two girls peered round a slightly opened door. A beautiful blue piano was playing and tune, somewhat familiar to Rose. However as Rose took a closer look, she discovered it was playing by itself. "Oh" Maria gasped as she realised, and sat down upon the old stool. Rose joined her, and the girls fingers met with the delicate keys of the piano. It felt natural to Rose, as she and Maria played along with the alive piano. Just then Sir Benjamin burst in and cried "Digweed, bring me my whip".

"Oh no, I can't" Maria cried as they approached three beautiful horses.One a beautiful chestnut brown, another as white as snow, and the last as black as the night. Miss Heliotrope was muttering some protests about ladies not being allowed to ride, whilst Sir Benjamin, climbed onto the chocolate horse, as was complaining about how the girls couldn't ride. Rose went over to the beautiful black stallion, "hey you" she called as she petted the beautiful dark horse. He was glorious, so majestic and magnificent. "What's your name?" 

"Orion", Digweed answered, as he smiled at how Rose and Orion were getting on."Orion what a handsome name, I think you and I are going to get on very well", Rose whispered. She picked up her delicate pink ruffles of her dress, and did her best to climb on to Orion, however as she struggled, he lowered himself, to make the journey easier. "Thank you" Rose gleefully said, as she hugged Orion's mane tightly. Maria had managed to get onto the white horse called Periwinkle, and the three of them began their journey to the village. They passed through many fields and streams. The country side was beautiful Rose thought, she felt at home here at Moonacre, London was never like this. The fresh air blew through a few loose curls on Rose's head, she closed her eyes, and enjoyed the moment. Rose was slightly ahead of her Uncle and Maria, Sir Benjamin had stayed with Maria as she was a bit more nervous then Rose. "You're getting on well there Rose" her uncle called after her. "Thank you uncle, Orion really understands me", she replied. "Uncle I am really enjoying this, may I stay out a little longer?" Rose asked, "as long as you promise to stay within Moonacre boundry, remember I can only vouch for your safety as long as you remain out of the forest". 

"Don't worry uncle, Orion will take care of me", with that Rose rode off into the distance. Not long after Rose came close to the edge of the woods, it seemed to be calling her, like a long lost friend. "What's so special about the forest anyway?" she asked Orion, he merely grunted as Rose climed off his dark back and wandered into the forests entrance. It was beautiful, the trees were so tall, they reached the clouds. That might have been an exaggeration, though it was truly wonderful. Rose suddenly heard a small squealing coming from over the bushes. Rose held up her skirt and wandered over to the noise where she found a small trap, with a beautiful rabbit locked inside. "Hush dear one, who did this to you?" Rose asked as she bent down to remove the bunny. Just then a boy dressed all in black, with a bowler hat over his dark curls, and a red scarf round his neck, "one trap, two catches" he laughed as he walked towards Rose. "What do you want?" Rose asked as he drew nearer, she hadn't realised two more had come up behind her and grabbed her arms, "that's girls, catch an animal and they can't resist trying to help it" he laughed, as Rose huffed in frustration trying to escape the boys clutches. They were much stronger then her, so she was getting quite out of breath from all the struggle. "I know who you are! You're bandits and plunderers!" Rose cried, they all laughed and teased her by pretending to be scared. 

Rose began to hit them all, trying to break free from the circle they had surrounded her in, but it was no use, they were all much stronger then she was. The leader who's name appeared to be Robin, grabbed her and turned her around to face him. Rose noticed on his hand there was a scar from where she scratched him in the carriage journey. "You!" Rose gasped realising who it was, "I'd like to see you get out of this one m'lady" Robin taunted. He got up really close to Rose, practically pressed against her. He looked down, and she could feel his breath against her face. All his friends were whistling and cat calling, as he pressed slightly closer that their noses were practically touching. Rose disgusted by him spat in his face, and he cowered back with anger. "Right you're coming with us now, my father is just dying to make your acquaintance" He mocked, imitating Rose's posh accent, his previous moments of anger turned into frustration. Meanwhile all his friends were laughing, however one of them cried "It's the deamon dog!" and they all turned and fled as Wrolf came running up to them and barking. Robin had a stern gaze fixed on Wrolf, he turned back to me and glared, then turned to run with his friends. "Oh thank you Wrolf", Rose crouched down to meet his level and began hugging him, she was quite out of breath from the previous events. Her heart was beating so fast. "Thank you".

 "Thank you"