Chapter 13

The trio ran through the trees, Maria at the front and Rose at the rear. Her ankle was really hurting now, "are you alright?" Robin asked, concerned, slowing down to match Rose's pace. "It's my ankle", she cried, "here", Robin said and put Rose's arm round his neck, as he helped her run through the trees. She smiled and suddenly got a weird feeling in her stomach, like butterflies, as her hand brushed the top of his chest. Robin had changed so much, in a good way, and she liked it.

"In here" Maria called as they approached the hollow. She went in first, followed by Rose, then Robin who went in last. They followed a short tunnel down, till they approached a wooden door. "Robin", Rose whispered, as Maria gently pushed open the latch. When they entered, it was a bedroom, all worn down, there was a bed in the centre, and what looked to be a fireplace. They searched the room, Maria opened a chest and pulled out a creamy coloured dress, it had many holes in from the years, "it looks to be like the forest princess's bedroom" Maria stated as they continued searching. Suddenly a little tunnel appeared, when Robin pressed down on the fireplace. "Another secret passage," Rose exclaimed as Robin took a look in. They were about to leave when Maria glimpsed something on a statues neck, the moon pearls! As she removed them, they lit up in her hands. "You found them!" Rose cried, but they still needed to find the diamond. "It has to be here", she thought, they were running out of time. Out of the corner of her eye, Rose climbed a ripped piece of paper, hiding under bed. She picked it up, it was the missing page from her book!

"When Juliet revealed the diamond to everyone, Thorn pressured her into giving him the diaomond. Disgusted by the greed in his heart, she threw the diamond to the ground, shattering it into many tiny pieces. "No!" cried Thorn as he gazed in furry at the broken diamond, "what did you do!" 

"Now no man, will ever hold the power of the diamond ever again!" 

Thoughts raced through Rose's mind, the smashed diamond from this page, her vision, it was said that the diamond gleamed like the stars. Stars. "Of course", Rose cried out, the diamond had been right in front of them this whole time. "Robin, Maria, it's said that the diamond shone like the stars, and have you noticed how similar this room looks like to yours! If this was the forrest princesses room and she hid her best friends treasure in here, then your room must be the former moon princesses room, which has the diamond in!", Rose called out, everything was making sense. "I don't get what you mean?" Maria asked, "don't you see, the diamonds are the stars in your ceiling!" Maria suddenly clicked, Robin still looked confused, but of course he had never seen Maria's room, so Rose let him off. 

Just then they heard angry voices of the De Noir soldier coming through the tunnel. "Hurry!" Rose called, as Robin went to seal the door. Maria went through the secret passage followed by Rose then Robin. They were left in darkness, "moon pearls, we need your power now, show us the way", Maria asked and they glowed in her hand. Rose then saw the little white horse, no wait a unicorn, the same one from the De Noir castle, which she saw when she was in the cell with Maria. It started heading down the tunnel, they started to follow them, but kept quiet, anxious not to alert the guards to their location. 

The three of them were lead through the darkness, Maria leading the way with the pearls, and Robin helping Rose along with her ankle. "Thank you Robin", she whispered, "any time" he whispered back, looking deeply into her eyes, "I'm sorry, for everything" he continued, "I really mean it you didn't.." he was cut off by Rose saying, "it's alright, I already forgave you a long time ago", she smiled, he smiled back. They stopped walking for a second, they leaned in, Rose's chest was going up and down, her heart felt as if it could jump out. "Rose, Robin!" Maria called, as she turned around to face them, they quickly pulled apart, as the young 13 year old came running back, "we're here".