Chapter 2

While Blackpaw was talking with Blueherb Blackstar was spying. Why would Starclan want us apart? We're great together. He thought. He slipped out the space he was hiding in and walked to Whitestorm. "Whitestorm." Blackstar said.

"Yes?" Whitestorm asked turning her head.

"We need to talk." Blackstar said. "Come."

Whitestorm followed Blackstar into his den. "Whats the problem?" Whitestorm asked.

"I was spying on Blueherb and Blackpaw while they talked." Blackstar began. "And i heard that Starclan wants us apart. They said 'The sky will split the clan as history repeats itself.'"

"Hmph." Whitestorm says. "Did any of them say a thing or a clue of what that meant?"

"No." Blackstar replied. "I want to know more about their dreams so i was thinking about making Blackpaw a medicine cat apprentice. What do you say?"

"I say....." Whitestorm thought for a moment. "I suppose it would work. He is your son and you are the clan leader."

"But," Blackstar said. "Your my deputy and his mother."

The two talked and decided that Blackpaw would become a medicine cat apprentice. Blackstar leaped upon Great Tree and called out, "All cats in this clan gather for a meeting!" The cats gathered around Great tree, a huge oak with few leaves, even in Green-leaf.

"I have gathered you here today in an emergent matter." Blackstar said. Cats gathered more quickly. "I am sorry for Reedwhisker because his apprentice, Blackpaw is being transferred." Cats murmured around and Smalltail finally spoke up, "To who?"

Blackstar paused as if thinking. "Blueherb of course."

"Why Blueherb?" Reedwhisker asked.

"He doesn't have an apprentice." Blackstar replied.

The gathered cats went off in a direction as Blackpaw just stood there shocked at what he heard. Blueherb is going to mentor me?