Chapter 6

Blackpaw woke up the next day. He decided he would talk to Blackstar. Blackpaw got up and slowly padded to Blackstars den. He heard Blackstar talking with Whitestorm.

"What are we going to do about the prophecy?" Whitestorm meowed with worry hinted in her tone.

"We will see what Blackpaw does for now." Blackstar meowed calmly.

"But you said you must be the blackest berry." Whitestorm meowed.

Blackpaw wanted to see their faces but he was afraid to creep closer.

"I only said that so that they don't all give Blackpaw special treatment." Blackstar said. "Its not that i don't like our son, its that i'm leader and hes an apprentice."

"How about we name him Blackberry when he finishes training." Whitestorm meowed, changing the subject.

"Yes." Blackstar meowed. "To resemble the prophecy."

Blackpaw stood straight. He padded closer to the den and soon the two stopped. Blackstar came out. "Yes?"

"I had a dream." Blackpaw meowed. "A vision. Firestar said that the clan must split."

"Who cares about that kittypet." Blackstar snarled. "This clan will be one. Forever."

"You're going to disobey Starclan?" Blackpaw gasped.

"Its by that kittypet." Blackstar meowed.

Blackpaw quickly slipped away. He looked around. How can i make the clan split when Blackstar won't allow it? I know! I'll do it from the inside! Blackstar will never know! Now whos trusty?

Blackpaw padded up to Reedwhisker. "Hey."

"Yes?" Reedwhisker asked.

"Can we talk?" Blackpaw mewed. "Privately?"

Reedwhisker nodded his head and followed Blackpaw into the forest.

"Do you want to be a leader?" Blackpaw asked him.

"Of course!" Reedwhisker meowed.

"Well try to gather cats and make a clan." Blackpaw meowed.

"Did you tell Blackstar this?" Reedwhisker asked.

"No." Blackpaw meowed. "Don't tell anyone that you can't trust this. Can i chose a new name for you and your clan?"

"Sure." Reedwhisker meowed.

"You are now Waterfallstar. Leader of Waterfallclan." Blackpaw meowed standing up. "Tell your siblings this same thing but name them Dapplestar leader of Dappleclan and Squirrelstar leader of Squirrelclan."

Blackpaw meowed that and then walked away. Reedwhisker was left alone to decide the clans.