Chapter 24: Racing Chance Part 01.

Clay brought Mr. Leonard down to the bunker laboratory, where Victor was at work designing more weapon keys starting by putting them together. Ricky of course, was gassing up the Battle Car before Clay could drive it.

"That should be enough parts for it," Victor said. "Now all I have to do is paint it, and sticker it." After pulling out an orange paint bucket with a tiny paint brush, and a design sticker book, Victor painted the key orange, instead of the wheels, and windows. "Sorry, my stepdad is a little preoccupied at the moment," Clay said. "Wait, your stepfather is Victor Samuel, the head of Cyber Tech?" Leonard asked. "Nobody's perfect when it comes to romance," Clay answered.

"Perhaps, but as long as he knows what is capable of inventing, I believe most creators these days have ways of learning the inside, and outside of things," Leonard answered. "That's something we adults call criticism." "I'd hate to be a critic sometimes," Clay said. "Well, let's get going to the obstacle course then. Ricky, is the car fueled?"

"I can't even figure out what this stupid f**king gas tank runs on," Ricky answered. "The fuel is high octane liquid nitrogen," Victor said. "I designed it to be the only car that uses that kind of fuel." "Liquid nitrogen, eh?" Leonard asked. "You don't see many of those now a days." 'Vic, we gotta go somewhere," Clay said. "So can you raise the lift for us, once I drive up to the platform?" "Okay, one second," Victor explained, and got out the lift remote. After filling the tank with liquid nitrogen, Ricky got into the Battle Car with Clay, and Mr. Leonard.

"So, after we drive out of here, I'll need directions on where we're going," Clay said. "I'll be sure to give them out," Leonard explained. "But for now just be sure you know where you're going, and stay focused at every direction I give out." "Gee, even with a dark voice like that, I used it as a GPS," Ricky said. "Shut the f*** up, Ricky," Clay said. "This is the judge for the NASCAR tournament. Don't insult him." "It's fine," Leonard explained. "I get that impression a lot. Basically I sound this deep, because I've been drinking brandy, and smoking cigars all these years. You should probably do the same, one you pass 25 years old." "Well, I'd say I'm a bit too western for brandy, and cigars," Clay said.

After talking, the racer drove up to the platform, having Victor turn the lift on, and have the car outside. An elevator opened on the bottom of the fountain, and once Clay drove out of the elevator, he brought the car back into the streets. "You have a secret elevator hidden in a bookshelf in your living room, and under your fountain?" Leonard asked. "We just discovered that yesterday," Clay answered. "Don't ask me how he managed to fit an elevator under that fountain. I'm just glad that I have a place for my new car to be parked, since the garage is already full of seven of them."

~

Thanks For Reading.

Don't Forget To Comment.