𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻

CONFUSION
𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑜𝑓 𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔; 𝑢𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑦

This is what's going on in the mind of Mirai.

Her mind is beginning to reject the morals and values her brother attempted to instill in her.

She can't understand them, nor does she desire to.

All she wants to do is return to the way she was.

Except, she doesn't know what that way was.

Or rather, she doesn't remember the way she once was.

She desires to remember the days of her youth, but she immediately gets a skull crushing migraine.

As of now, the beautiful demon girl sits in the Centurion Estate's garden. Her knees propped up and her hands slightly pull at her mahogany locks.

Meanwhile, a young Guardian watches from a far in a worrisome state.

A Y A M E

I'm hiding by a white pillar in the Estate's garden. Now you may wonder why I'm hiding and it's because I don't want Mirai to catch me watching her.

Weird.

I know.

Either way, as I'm watching her, I notice that she's in great distress. It seems as if something is terribly bothering her.

I can see the thick beads of sweat dripping from her forehead. Her jaw is clenched in anger or frustration, and she's muttering something to herself.

This imagery reminds me of Kira.

She would always go to the garden when she's upset, but she wasn't as frustrated like Mirai is right now.

However, every time Kira would come here, I would miraculously find my way to her. In fact, we met each other in this very garden years ago.

Ah.

The nostalgia is getting to me now.

"Damn it all!" I hear Mirai scream in frustration.

I guess I should make my appearance now then.

"Hey Mirai, what's wrong?" I question, slowly creeping out of my hiding spot.

She quickly looks up and narrows her eyes. "Nothing. Just leave me alone."

I slowly take small steps towards her. "That scream didn't seem like nothing to me."

She averts her gaze from mine. She looks aimlessly at the flower patch beside us. The species in the bush are white intricate roses.

"Why do you care?"

"Because you're my friend, right?" I asked doubtfully. When Avis had gotten beaten up, I thought her and I got closer.

"A friend? Can't remember when I had one of tho—"   

"What about Olivee and the others?"

She sighs and regains eye contact with me. "They're more of Avis' friends."

I advance and sit beside her on the bench. "You seem very distressed. Tell me what's wrong. I'll try to help you."

She looks up with me with hope glazing her deep red hues.

"I feel like I'm not who I truly want to be."

I look at her with confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I can't remember anything from my childhood. Or even more specific, from before Avis and I began our restaurant."

I sit there totally bewildered. What does she mean she can't remember anything?

"Don't you remember what Avis did to abandon his father?"

"Of course I do. But some of it seems fiction."

Fiction?

"Did you talk about this with Avis? He may be the one who has a clear answer."

Her hopeful expression disappears. "He's been acting weird and I'm beginning to trust him less."

I absorb what she just told me. I don't want to cause friction between their bond, so I'll just stick with what I know.

"Well, until you can open up to your brother, how about we focus on something else? Something that makes you happy."

"Happy?" She questions. "I can't remember a time where I was genuinely happy."

What the hell? She's seems different from the time when I met her. She used to be a strong and confident female. Letting nothing and no one get in her way. Now she seems so defenceless and hopeless.

"Stay positive, Mirai." I say sternly, earning her eye contact.

I look at her with a stone hard gaze. She has to know that I'm being serious. "No matter what happens, you have the Guardian Ayame backing you up."

"R-really?" She stutters in disbelief.

I plaster a wide grin on my face, and stand in front of her with my right arm outstretched.

The wind begins to blow, swaying my blonde locks. The loose petals of the white roses swirl around us.

"Let's start our friendship from this point. Mirai and Ayame, the Guardian and Demoness."

She looks up with the most genuine smile I've seen on her face.

"Of course. Thank you Ayame."

Our hands lock establishing our fresh blooming friendship.

𝑂ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑠𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑁𝑜𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑔𝑖𝑎.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘
"𝖮𝖿 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖾. 𝖳𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗄 𝗒𝗈𝗎, 𝖠𝗒𝖺𝗆𝖾."
•𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐈•
∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

𝘝𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 😖
𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺, 𝘪 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘔𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘪'𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳. 𝘛𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘈𝘺𝘢𝘮𝘦. 𝘋𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵? 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘈𝘷𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳?

~𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓿𝓲𝓽𝔂_𝔁𝓸𝔁