𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

☆𝙿𝚁𝙴𝚅𝙸𝙾𝚄𝚂𝙻𝚈☆

𝖬𝗂𝗋𝖺𝗂 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗌𝖾𝖼𝗈𝗇𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋. 𝖧𝖾𝗋 𝖽𝖾𝗌𝗂𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗐𝗁𝗈 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗈 𝗆𝗎𝖼𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗂𝗍 𝖺𝖿𝖿𝖾𝖼𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗋𝖾𝗅𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗉 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝗌. 𝖫𝗎𝖼𝗄𝗂𝗅𝗒, 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖺𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗍𝗎𝖽𝖾 𝖽𝗂𝖽 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗌𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝖺𝗐𝖺𝗒 𝖠𝗒𝖺𝗆𝖾.

𝐀 𝐕 𝐈 𝐒

The talk I had with Daena was somewhat comforting. She reassured me that she trusted me despite my traitorous past. She didn't hold any suspicion that I would betray her and side with my family.

I respect her for trusting me to the magnitude that she does, but as she said, I am a person who acts on emotions and feelings. There's no telling what choice I'm going to make. It all depends on the circumstances of a situation.

But wouldn't that make me become selfish?

Always thinking about the benefits for myself and not others. Choosing the safe route instead of taking the risks.

If all that's true then would my betrayal be in vain? Would my dearest Mira's death be in vain?

All because I wanted something that I couldn't have in my fathers land. All because it seemed good for me, but not to others.

There's no other way to put it.

𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔.

"That look does not suit you, Avis!" I hear a cheery voice exclaim.

Currently, I'm at the front doors of the Centurion Estate. I just realized that I zoned out on a portrait of Daena and the other warriors here.

"I was just thinking, no need to worry." I say with a slight grin.

My eyes then shift from Ayame to Mirai.

She looks like she's contemplating something. Like somethings on her mind and she can't release it.

"So where are you off to?" Ayame questions with a pout. "Were you really going to leave without saying goodbye?"

I put my hands on hip and look down on her smaller figure. "Aw, were you going to miss me?" I tease. "Seems like I've grown on you and you can't seem to be a second away from me."

Almost immediately I feel a sting in my shin.

"As if I'll get emotionally attached to you! Try again, Avis."

Rubbing the sore spot, I peer to the right and see Mirai still in her uncomfortable state. This is the first time I've notice her be so timid in my presence.

"You okay there, Little Mimi?"

Ayame turns around and then turns again to face me.