TWELVE

•THE PAST CATCHING UP•
"I presume it's not a booty call"

I kept my head down as I made my way through the meat shop, not wanting to bring attention to the blood that stained my pale skin or how my helmet was leaving a trail of deep red droplets on the ground

With every drop, Tristan's face flashed through my head embedding itself deep in my brain. His eyes swollen, head gushing with blood, crooked nose. He was as revolting as he should have been. But that didn't change that I still felt sick from what I had done.
I clutched tightly onto my helmet with my right hand and with my left I held my bag strap. My knuckles almost turning white from how hard I was gripping, trying to stop myself from shaking even more than I already was.

I pulled back the worn out cloth and sucked in a breath and closed my eyes before stepping into the meat locker. Coming into contact with a hanging carcass almost straight away. "The fuck" I scrunched my nose up in disgust, as I moved to the side.

I slammed the door open, gulping in the fresh air as I supported myself on the rail, spotting two individuals in the courtyard below. And I thought I could avoid everyone altogether tonight. Huffing, I climbed down the stairs not taking in what they were saying or caring who they were and just focusing on each step I took. My mind was completely somewhere else as I thought about how I felt when I killed him. He deserved it but it's not guilt that's getting to me it's the fact that the more I kill the more it reminds me of my first. The weight of her death almost killed me, I saw her face everywhere I went and moments like this it's when it really hits me.

And that makes me feel like I'm becoming a monster, just like my Dad. I don't want to be like him but the more I kill the more I feel him take a hold of him.

I will not be like him.

I gulped my eyes stinging as I finally took notice of the two kids kissing making me groan out loud. Not caring who it was I banged my helmet against the railings as hard as I could multiple times. The sound sending shivers down my spine making my stomach do flips, I didn't know if I wanted to hurl or just laugh. I went for the better option and let out a small giggle from the sound of their gasps. "Keep it in your pants, cock block coming through" I laughed, taking a couple of steps forward, finally glancing at the victim's faces. My eyebrows shot up in surprise before a pang of jealousy shot through me as I flickered my gaze between Marcus and Maria.
"Kai?" Marcus took a step back, looking as if he just realised he kissed Maria. Something flashed in his eyes as he raked his eyes over me. Part of me wondered what that look meant, but I shook it off quickly when his eyes locked onto my hand that clutched my helmet.

What. The. Fuck.

"You've got to be kidding" I mumbled under my breath, my eyes nearly popping out of my head as I took in Marcus's bruised face "What happened to you? Weren't you leaving?" I spoke coldly, studying his features which were covered in grime, a bruise on his cheek and a cut had opened up on his nose. He was back in his usual windbreaker, barely there hoodie and well worn skinny jeans. He still managed to look hot though.