THIRTEEN

•SEXY YET SCARY•
"You look like boiled asshole"

The metallic smell of blood and the constant rhythm of dripping water

The metallic smell of blood and the constant rhythm of dripping water. A loud clang of a heavy metal door and a bitter taste in my mouth. I felt a flash of cold wash over my skin, leaving goosebumps in its wake as I tightened my muscles.

Where am I?

A sudden flash of light and a shadow of a man holding a small body in his arms. I glanced up at his face, meeting nothing but sufferable darkness which engulfed me, sending sharp and abrupt pains down my back.
I cried out, feeling warm liquid coat each scar— no wound from the lashes.
A waft of vanilla hit my nose, reminding me of innocence and I felt myself go still, the pain suddenly replaced with terror for someone else. Whimpers filled my ears, disrupting the other sounds of the room.

Eyes adjusting, uneven breaths and strained cries.

I finally focused on the shape of her small body curled up right in front of my eyes. Her raven hair blending into the shadows and struggled breaths escaping from her beaten frame. My whole body jolted forward with struggle, my eyes stinging and my joints aching. I placed a hand on their shoulder, the sounds instantly stopping bringing over a grim silence.

Hopelessness filled me as I tugged at their body. Her body twisted with struggle but her lifeless eyes met mine in an instant.

Horror and terror left me as I stared into a pair of golden eyes that matched my own. The only feature on her pale face as they stared into me. Petrifying me as I couldn't look away. A sound of a cracking bone shot through the air sending me into sadness.
"You killed me" Alice whispered.

"Alice!"

I woke up screaming her name, my top clung to every inch of my frame in sweat. I jolted upright gasping for air, gripping onto my covers reassuring myself that it wasn't real.

It was just a nightmare...

"Shit!" I heard Hazel swear then a loud crash sounded from her side of the room. "You scared the crap out of me" Hazel groaned from the floor as I sat up nursing my ever-growing headache from the many drinks I had last night.
"Sorry" I winced as I glanced at her body that was tangled up in her sheets.

Hazel waved a dismissive hand, "No it's fine, my fault for trying to get up to fast" she grinned, just before clasping a hand over her mouth. "And now I feel like I'm going to throw up" she grimaced, her voice muffled by her hand. I chuckled watching her snuggle up to her sheets, deciding it would be best to stay on the floor.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked, her voice soft and caring as I threw my legs over the side of the bed seeing her lift her head up to look at me.
"No, it was just a nightmare" I almost rolled my eyes at my choice of words. How can I call it a nightmare, if it doesn't leave my presence when I'm awake?
I took a deep breath, grabbing my bra off the floor and fastened it under my top with a little struggle.
"Are you sure? You—" she cut herself off as I gave her a look that said 'I don't want to talk about it'. Hazel rolled her eyes in response and pulled the covers over her head. She knows she won't get anywhere.
Sighing, I opened my closet, pulling out my uniform and changed into the necessary attire for school. I tucked the white shirt into my skirt and grabbed my leg holster that held three throwing knives and strapped it onto my thigh. Ignoring the coolness against my warm skin. I quietly slipped on my blazer, the tie hanging over my shoulders and pulled on my black high knee socks. Glancing towards Hazel, I heard light snores leaving her mouth.
Chuckling slightly I continued to get ready by applying minimal makeup. A dark red lip and a light coat of mascara. I slipped in some small silver hoops before moving to my messy long wavy hair. I opted to put it in a messy bun using a few pens.
I checked my pockets ensuring everything I needed was in place before slipping on my 5-inch lace-up boots and exited my room.