Butters X Reader- Secret admirer

"Ugh. Gross." Cartman exclaims as (Y/N) puts a cute little teddy bear on a specific desk. "Out of all the guys, you pick him?"| the fatter fourth grader stares at them, while hiding something behind his back.

"You have no room to talk." (Y/N) rolls their eyes as they return Cartman's stare with a small glare. "It looks like you're doing the exact same thing that I am." They don't let Cartman reply as they walk out of the classroom, slipping a note into a certain locker, before going back to lunch. By the time lunch is over, almost everyone is back in class, except for maybe a couple people. (Y/N) is sitting at their desk, pretending to look at their textbook, when they notice him walking by.

Their crush, Butters.

Yes, Butters, wasn't considered one of the smartest, or one of the toughest, but there was something about his warm personality that drew (Y/N) in. They didn't know when it started, but they had developed feelings for their naive, but sweet classmate, and started to find little ways to express their affection.

"Oh, wow!" Butters exclaims as he opens his desk to find the little bear. It had a handstiched jacket that matched his own. (Y/N) turns around, and smiles when they see how happy Butters is.

"Another gift from the secret admirer?" They ask the happy blonde, who only nods. "Yeah!" I wish I knew who it was so I co-" Butters is interrupted by the angry yells of one of their classmates.

"Who the hell superglued pennies to my desk?!" Kyle yells as he moves the papers on his desk to reveal pennies arranged to form a not so friendly word.

Their friend turns to glare at Cartman, who pretends to be innocent, but everyone knew it was him...it's not like it could be anyone else.

---.---

The rest of the class goes by rather uneventfully. Their substitute teacher couldn't have cared less, and spent most of the time reading from the text book, before giving up, and giving out in class assignments. By the time the bell rings, (Y/N) is one of the first people to get to their locker, and after getting their things, they go to Stark's Pond and wait.

"Oh-hey (Y/N) Butters greets them as he sits on the bench. "Did you come here to enjoy the scenary?"

"Nah. I'm waiting for someone." They feel their heart racing as they try to answer his question. "What about you?"

"My secret admirer said they would be here, and so I'm trying to see if I can find them." Butters sounds excited as he takes out the note. "It says to look out for a (f/c) hat...come to think of it, I've only seen you wear a (f/c) hat, so I bet it'll be easy to find them!" (Y/N)'s smile fades for a moment. "Hey, are you alright?"

"Yeah." They reply as they force a smile."Anything else on the note?"

"Well, yeah." Butters replies as he goes back to looking at the note. "It says that they're 'closer than I realize' and have 'been sitting close by for a while'." He stops reading the note and scratches the back of his neck. "but to tell you the truth, I can't think of who it could be..."

(Y/N) wishes they could shake Butters and yell that it's them, but there's a part of them that hopes he's not that naive. All of the clues are there, and they're certain that he's seen the keychain that matches one of the gifts they gave him, but they worry that his childlike disposition will make things difficult.

"Want me to help you figure it out?" (Y/N) offers as they scoot closer. Butters doesn't notice this as they nod. "Ok...so who have we eliminated as possible candidates?"

"Well, I know it couldn't be Cartman and unless I put watermelons under my shirt then it can't be Kenny either." (Y/N) snorts at this.

"Probably not Kyle either, and most of the girls seem to treat you like an annoying little brother." (Y/N) adds. Butters seems to look a little sad at this.

"Yeah...you're right." he replies. "But that doesn't leave too many options. I mean...it's not like you would think of me in that way, right (Y/N)?" There's an awkward silence as (Y/N) can feel angry tears burn their (e/c) eyes. "(Y/N)?" Butter asks as they lower the letter.

They stand up and face Butters. "It was me. I've liked you for such a long time, and I've been scared to tell you. I-If you don't feel the same way, it's alright, but I had to let you know." They turn, hoping to run away. "I-I...I'm sorry for wasting your time."

Before they know what's going on, Butters grabs their arm, and when they turn to face him, they feel something soft touch their lips. It takes a moment for them to realize Butters is actually kissing them. The kiss is short, and sweet, but as soon as they separate, he embraces them, and as he hold them close, he finally says.

"I like you too."

--------------------.--------------------

 Requested by alialexdorm, I apologize for the long wait, but I had a really bad writer's block and had to deal with some really bad irl problems.