Chapt. 4

Isabelle woke up to talking around the camp and movement around the area, the smell of coffee spread around camp making her sences tingle for the hot liquid. She yawned looking to her side seeing Mary-Beth and Tilly still sleeping but Sadie was at the pot getting coffee.

She inched her way up looking around and she slowly got up, her back ached due to the hard surface she was sleeping on. Her back felt tight and cramped but she ignored it.

She made her way over to the fire and nervously sat down on one of the logs, Isabelle looked down at her hands brushing the dirt off her skirt. "So.. You think ya live here now.. Walkin' around camp and sittin' in our areas?" a voice grumbled followed by him clearing his throat. She turned around seeing a man wearing a white hat with long blonde hair with a bushy mustache, he wore a long black coat with a red shirt. He rested his hands on his gun belt.

Isabelle looked up quickly at him and she hesitantly got up off the log, "i-im sorry... I.." she trailed off as he gave her an ugly look. "Micah, leave the girl alone" another voice called from behind her. An older man approached them, he had grey hair and kinda thick jacket. He had a blueish hat and kind eyes.

"Im just teachin' her how things work around here old man, calm down" Micah said clearing his throat again. The man looked at him with an annoyed look and walked away with his hands in the air laughing a bit, he sat down beside her putting his hand out. Isabelle takes his hand and shakes it, "Hosea" he said smiling a bit. "Isabelle" she says smiling back, "ignore Micah hes a loud mouth that likes to get in peoples heads" he said throwing one hand up.

She nodded, "i will live". Hosea patted her shoulder, "Hosea! Isabelle! Come here please" Dutch yelled out. Hosea sighed "oh great" he scoffed as Isabelle followed beind him, Dutch smiled at the both of them as the came to the enterance of his tent. Molly was sitting on the cot fanning herself looking Isabelle up and down, Isabelle tried not to make eye contact with her and just turned her attention towards Dutch again.

"So Hosea, what do you think about miss Isabelle here? Should we keep her or let her go?" he said waving his cigar around, Hosea looks back at her with an annoyed look. Dutch raises an eyebrow at Hosea then looks at Isabelle, "how bout you? Do you have anywhere to go? Family? Anything?" he said pointing his cigar at her, she shook her head quickly "no.. All my family is back in New York, i was just travelling from Saint Denis because of a show going on then i was going to Valentine to catch a train" she said looking at Dutch then Hosea.

Molly looked up at her with a small smile, "yer a city woman?" she asked looking her clothes up and down. Dutch looked back at her, "Molly not right now, please" he said waving his hand back at her, she sighed getting up and leaving the tent. Isabelle watched her leave then turned back to Dutch, "alright miss if you have no family around... You can stay with us" he said taking a puff of his cigar then looked at Hosea, "Hosea?" Dutch asked looking at him. "Maybe.." he then turned to Isabelle, "what do you think?" she looked down thinking for a moment then looked back up. "I will stay" she said with a slight worry in her voice.

Dutch nodded, "alright, i will send Mary-Beth and Karen out to find you some clothes. Since we cant let Colm know that we have you.. Actually Hosea you can go i have to have a word with miss Isabelle here" he said grabing a chair from outside his tent and bringing it into the tent. "Sit here i need to have a word" he said sitting across from her on the cot.

"What did the O'driscolls do to you?" he asked in concerned voice putting his cigar out and setting it on the night stand. "Well... That storm that hit a few weeks back.. I got caught in that and my horse bucked me off which nocked me out, i guess the O'driscolls found me and took me to six point cabin.. Colm..  He was not nice to me, used me as his sex toy or... Whatever.. I was never aloud out of camp and i was forced to drink whiskey and beer, i was lucky if i could sneek some water from the barrels outside.. He never fed me really and i was locked in the cabin all night" she said with a sorry look on her face.

Dutch was in shock, his eyebrows raised the whole story. "W-well miss.. We aint gonna be like that and we never are like that! I knew Colm was a bad guy but not that bad.." he said looking at the ground. "Yes it hasnt been the highlight of the month but its alright now" she said looking to the side.

Dutch let her go as she went ovee to grab coffee, a few taps on her shoulder got her attention and she looked back up holding a cup of Coffee. Molly stood behind her with an odd look, "so.. Yer a city woman?" she asked with her strong irish accent. "Well was.. Untill i was taken my thoughs terrible O'driscolls". Molly nodded but had a suprised look in her eyes, "yeah you... Dont really look like a city woman right now " she said looking back at her clothes. Isabelle nodded with a bit of a chuckle, "yes i see why.. Marybeth and Karen are going out to get me some clothes"  she said as Mollys expression changes. "Karen..." she said in a pissed off voice with her eyes full of hate.

"Do you.-" "trollop... That what she is... Hates me for no reason.. Trollop she is.." Molly cuts her off stomping her foot a bit as she talks, Isabelle just tightens her jaw looking around letting her release her anger.

Molly sighs moving her braid to her shoulder, "none of the girls like me here.. None" she said looking around in a slight whisper. "Theirs gotta be one that doesnt fully hate you" Isabelle says raising an eyebrow, "maybe Abigail. But thats all! The rest. Trollops!" she blirted out again.

Isabelle just sighed looking around again, "well i dont hate you Molly" she said watching as Molly's eyes widened a bit. "You mean you wont hate me?" she said in surprise putting one hand on her hip, "no, i don't hate you" she said looking back at her.

Mollys eyes brightend up and she walked away, "thank you Isabelle" she said. Isabelle smiled walking away back towards her bed, she didnt get alot of sleep due to the new area and thinking Karen was going to hurt her sime nights. As soon as she layed down and closed her eyes for about a minute sleep had soon taken her in deep into her dreams.

--------

Hey yall thanks for reading glad to see some reads are coming in!