2// buy you a drank

Haha I love the title for this chapter, you'll see why

Love is a friendship that has caught fire

Paisleys POV
I knew that Soda worked at the DX, but last night I found out that Steve worked there too. Johnny was gone and I was bored so I decided to go over to the DX and get some snacks.
When I got there, Soda immediately noticed me.
"Hey Paisley!" He yelled waving at me.
"Hey Soda" I yelled back.
I went inside and grabbed a Coke, and set it on the front counter. I put down $2 and after a few seconds, Soda came over to ring me up. He didn't even look at the money on the counter, he just took $2 out of his pocket and put it in the register. "What are you doing?"
"It's on me." He replied
"You don't have to Soda... I-"
"Don't worry about it Paisley!" He said sliding my money back towards me.
"I owe ya one Soda" I told him
"No you don't."
"Whatever" I told him grabbing the Coke.
"You know, Steve is off today. You should stay here and keep me company" he offered. I agreed to stay, as I have nothing better to do.
"Follow me" Soda commanded.
I walked behind him, outside to the car that he was working on. He rolled a chair out for me to sit on, so I sat down and talked to him while he worked. Sodas a lot of fun to talk to. We really got to know each other pretty well within about 2 hours. I didn't even realize how much time had passed. I guess Soda is just one of those people who you can talk to and it seems like minutes have gone by, but it's been hours. He's one of those people who you've only known for a short amount of time, but you can trust with your life.
Sodas POV
I bought Paisley a Coke. She was real sweet about it. You can easily tell that she's the type of person who likes to do things for herself. Not because she's independent, but because she's scared of getting in peoples way.
Paisley was real pretty. She had medium length blonde hair. Her eyes her brownish blue. Paisley had a beautiful smile as well. Her soul was as sweet as honey. She was already a really good friend of mine. I feel like I've known her for my whole life.
I wanted to get to know her better, so I asked her to stay at work with me and talk.
"Did you here about that guy that killed his wife, then himself" I asked her.
"Yeah... um it was my parents" she said. My stomach dropped.
"I'm so sorry... I didn't kn-" she cut me off
"It's fine. I hated them... they always beat me up and stuff" she told me. I felt horrible.
"Where did you move here from?"
"Kansas" she replied.
We talked like this for about 2 hours.
"Hey ya know, if you need a job, we need a person to work the counter." I told her.
"I'll think about it." She said
"My shift is over. You wanna go back to my house? That's where Johnny is."
"Sure" She said standing up and smiling.
We joked around the whole way home and laughed. She was extremely funny.
Paisley was extremely easy to talk to. I told her about my parents, and my ex girlfriend Sandy.
We arrived at my house and sat on the couch right by each other. Paisley and I continued to talk.

Time skip: two weeks
I was working my shift at the DX. Me and Paisley have gotten real close the past few weeks. Paisley ended up not being able to get a job at the DX, but she got one at The Dingo. I always brought her lunch, and she always brought me lunch. She came to the DX today with my lunch early. "Aren't you suppose to still be at work?"
"Yeah but I talked boss into letting me on break earlier so I could come eat MY lunch with you this time". She had a Dairy Queen bag in her hand. I smiled and got out both of our food, and we sat down and ate lunch together.

Paisleys POV
Me and Soda ate lunch together, but I had to get back to work. I stood up and picked up my apron, and attempted I tie it around my waist.
"Here let me help" Soda offered as he stood up and grabbed the 2 strings.
"Tell me when it's tight enough" he said as he started to pull the strings.
"That's good" I said as a sign for me to stop. He finished tying my apron, and I turned around and hugged him goodbye. "Thanks for lunch" he said as I walked off.
I walked back to the Dingo and started cleaning tables. Soda said he'd pick me up from work today so I didn't have to walk home.
It was towards the end of my shift, so Soda should be here any time now. He usually sits down and drinks a coke with me before we leave.
A group of Socs walked in. 2 guys and 2 girls. Probably a double date.
"Hi my name is Paisley, I'll be your server today. Can I start you guys off with anything to drink?"
They ordered, but when I walked off, they started whispering and laughing while looking at me.
The order was 4 cokes, and a large chocolate milkshake. It was odd because there was 5 drinks ordered, but only 4 people. Soda walked in as I was bringing the drinks over to them.
One of the guys picked up the milkshake, and went to pour it on me, so I closed my eyes.
Nothing happened.
"I swear to god if you mess with her you're dead meat. Her shift was suppose to end 15 minutes ago. She could've told y'all to leave but she's being kind and serving you. And you're gonna dump a milkshake on her?" It was Soda. The guy say the shake down, and apologized. They all left after that.
"Thank you Soda, you didn't have to. It happens all the time." I told him.
"This has happened before?" He asked. I shook my head as a way to say yes.
"It's okay. They just want trouble." He said putting a hand on my shoulder. We ended up getting our Cokes to go.
When we hopped in Sodas truck, he immediately plugged his phone to the aux cord.
I started laughing at the song he turned on.
It was Domino by Jessie J
(Here it is if you don't know it)

He knew every word, and so did I.
We stopped at a stop light and he looked into my eyes.
"How about you ask your boss if you can take next Friday off. Me and you can take a road trip. We don't gotta go nowhere, we can just drive to a different city and back and listen to music."
"That sounds amazing Soda. How do ya come up with stuff like this?"
"I'm creative I guess" he said as we both laughed
"Whatever" I said, punching his arm