3// roadtrip.

I'm not usually like this, but can we just hold hands forever?

Paisleys POV
It was my last day of work before me and Sodas road trip. It wasn't very busy at the Dingo today.
After my shift was over, I walked out to Sodas truck.
"Make sure you wear something comfy Paisley" he kept telling me. "I know Soda"
It was cooler out tonight. I was only in a tank top and jeans because that was my summer uniform (it was a Dingo tank top). I was shivering a bit, and I guess Soda noticed because he gave me his flannel. "Soda no... you'll be cold then, I'll be fine" I said to him.
"No take it. I'll be okay." He said
I just sighed and blushed.
We stopped in front of my house and I got out.
"Oh yeah here!" I said, taking off Sodas flannel.
"No. Keep it" He said blushing.
"Really?"
"Yeah, it looks better on you" he said winking and smiling.
"Bye Soda" I said said rolling my eyes in a flirty way. Did I like him?
No no no, he was just my best friend. That's all he'll ever be.

Sodas POV
I gave Paisley my flannel because she was cold, and because I wanted to see her in my flannel. She looked hot as hell in it. I didn't want to see her take it off, so I told her to keep it.
I recently realized that I have feelings for her. I knew she didn't feel the same. That was okay though I don't blame her. Maybe if I hit on her more in the beginning, we would be together and not just friends.
I called her at about 11 that night.
"Hey" she answered.
"Hey, I'm gonna pick you up at 6 in the morning so we can get an early start." I told her
"Okay sounds great!! I gotta go to bed if you want me early though. Goodnight Soda"
"Goodnight Paisley"
Call ended

I went to bed myself.
I woke up the next morning, and got dressed. I decided to wear grey sweatpants and a white t shirt.
I walked out the door and to my truck. I stopped at the gas station to fill up before I picked up Paisley. When I got to her house, she was already in the porch. She had a small bag with her. Paisley hopped in the truck through the open window, without opening the door. I laughed.
"Let's get outta here!!" She said.
We started singing to songs and looking at stuff as we passed. She made jokes and I laughed.
The sun was rising and everything around us looked golden.
The sun was hitting her face just right, and she looked gorgeous.
"You look real pretty right now" I told her.
"Shut your trap I just woke up"
"I'm telling the truth!"
She blushed and thanked me.
"You ain't too bad yourself Mr. Curtis" She replied, making me blush along with her.
We finally got out of town, and began seeing things that neither of us recognized.
Paisley was singing a song beautifully, and I was just listening.
After a while, a song came on. I've heard it before, but I didn't necessarily know the words. Paisley did though.
She knew the words to everything.

Paradise
This shit feel like Friday night
This shit make me feel alive
Feel like we in paradise, paradise
Paradise
Don't know if it's the drink I pour
But I swear I've never loved you more
With you right here I come alive
One more hit and we can fly
This shit feel like paradise.

She looked perfect sitting there. She was wearing plain grey t shirt with leggings and white slip on converse. With my flannel.
Her hand was just resting on her leg, so I grabbed it. She looked at me with a huge smile on my face.

Just let it out
The night has just begun
We on a level now
If I get too fucked up
Promise you'll hold me down?

I wanted to be with this girl. Did she want to be with me?
I wasn't gonna ask yet. Maybe, if she was into me, it would be fun to just flirt for a while, without being with each other.
Because maybe she isn't into me, and if I ask, it'll ruin this whole night.

But she was beautiful. And that was a well known fact.

Paisleys POV
Soda looked so handsome in the sunlight.
He grabbed my hand.
I didn't know that he'd do it
He just did.
He grabbed it, and held it.
I smiled at him, but if he wasn't driving, I would've kissed him.
I was falling for Soda. Slowly but surely.

Our life, our time.
We livin well
Late nights in the city
Causing hell
Burn this bitch into the ground
Oh well
If all we've got's tonight
Let do it right
Let's do this right
Let's go to paradise

We had been on the road for about 12 hours. It was almost 6pm. Me and Soda already stopped for dinner, and we were stuffed.
He said we would drive for a few more hours and find a place to watch the sunset, then he would drive us home over night.
I told him that I could drive over night, but he said that I get cranky when I'm tired, so I could just sleep.
After a while, we found the perfect place to watch the sunset. Soda reaches into the backseat and grabbed 3 blankets and 2 pillows. "When I yell, come to the back of the truck" he said. I was confused, so I just sat there and waited.
After only 2-4 minutes, he yelled for me. He had set up the pillows and blankets so we could sit back there and watch the sunset. We sat down and stared at the sky as it turned orange and yellow and pink.

Soda put his arm around me, and I leaned into his chest. His heartbeat put me to sleep.
I was soon woken up by Soda.
"Hey Cmon lets go home, you can stay at my place" he said. I got in the truck.
Sodas truck had a front seat that could fit 3 people instead of 2, so there was room for me to lay down.
I put my feet towards Soda, and used a pillow that he had brought.
I was trying not to bother him, but before the truck even started moving, he covered me up with a blanket, and picked my feet up and set them on his lap. I smiled to myself, and soon dozed off.

A/N
I'm in love with this chapter y'all!!!!
Here's the song for the lyrics I used
Paradise by Bazzi