Parents

Where are the parents?

That's what I wonder half the times in some of these Wattpad stories. Like there are like two different types of Wattpad parents. 

The kind that abuse their kids, constantly working, in prison, or were killed in some tragic accident. 

"My dad was never the same after my mom passed away. He started picking up heavy drinking habits and started smoking. Staying out later and later. It just seemed like he forgot about me."

"I said my goodbyes to my mom as she went to work. She was a nurse and was never home for me." 

"My parents were coming home one night when they were hit by a drunk driver. Leaving me an orphan." 

It's like yes I understand these are real life tragedies that happen to people. But every story. Every story. It's like all my sympathy is gone and it becomes an excuse for the main character to act toxic. 

Or

The kind that are practically the kids best friend. 

"Oh honey you brought your boyfriend/girlfriend at my house when I wasn't here." 

"No I'm not upset, because best friends don't get upset at each other." 

"That's what a cool parent does."

Like I have black parents and I have enough common sense to know that if I brought a boy to my house without them knowing

...

...

Let's just say my lifespan will decrease tremendously. 

Then like four chapters later the parents are surprised when their daughter is pregnant or something. Like you can't be upset because you wanted to be a best friend instead of a parent. So goodluck being a grandmother at like 45.