Chapter Nineteen

HARMONY'S POV:

I broke down in my room, crying my eyes out. I have never felt as broken as I feel right now. My heart felt like it was ripped out of my chest and I couldn't breathe.

I cried for God knows how long, when my belly growled. I decided to take a shower. When I was done, I put on a long T-shirt that fell on top my knees.

I went back down for breakfast only to see Adrain and Sofia having a nice breakfast together. I swiftly turned back to Leave when, Sofia called me back.
  "Please eat with us" I looked at Adrain who looked like he was sorry and regretful. Well, I wasn't good at reading people so it was probably my imagination playing tricks on me. Besides, why would he be sorry, I'm just an inconvenience to him. A parasite

  "I.. I don't want to ruin your moment" my voice soft and dry from all the crying.

"Please stay" she insisted. I looked at her, no wonder Adrain loved her. She was not only beautiful, but also selfless and kind.

I sat down across from them. The room in awkward tension. I just focused on my food. I could feel Adrain's stare boring at the side of my head but, I didn't look up from my plate.

After breakfast, the day went on with Adrain and Sofia having fun together. They swam, danced, played games, and lots more, trying to catch up on lost times.

I felt so left out and unneeded. Adrain has never played with me this way. The only time we got close was due to the sexual tension we had, which immediately vanished the moment Sofia came in the picture.

I couldn't bare to watch them anymore, so, I went to my room and cried some more till I fell asleep, remembering the little moments we spent together and how he made me feel special, only to realize I was just a rebound.

ADRAIN'S POV:

Sofia and I have been catching up on things. I love spending time with her but for some reason I can't get Harmony out of my head.

When she saw us having breakfast this morning, she looked defeated and lost unlike the crazy, loud mouth, always ready for a fight girl I knew.

I was still thinking when Sofia spoke up from my side
"You love her, don't you" honestly I didn't know what the answer was
  "What are you talking about?" She smiled and held my hands
"You care about her and I can see your love for her in your eyes. You feel hurt when she's sad. I'm sorry if my presence was unannounced, I'm sorry I came too late" she got up to leave but I kissed her. I tried kissing all her doubt away but, most importantly, I tried to erase every thought of Harmony from my system.

We were both still kissing when I saw Harmony from my peripheral vision coming towards us. She looked blank and void of any emotions.

I couldn't help the tinge my heart felt. I may not love her (or do I?) But, she doesn't deserve to be stuck in a one sided relationship.
"Your parents are here" she looked awkwardly at us.
"We'll be there" I said pulling Sofia with me gently towards the living room

HARMONY'S POV:

I was busy reading a book in my room when Gwen came to inform me of Adrain's parents arrival. I went to welcome them.
  "Harmony dear, why are you looking so pale?" Aunt Taylor asked looking genuinely concerned
"I..I'm fine aunt" Sofia and Adrain walked in.
"A..a..aunt" the moment Adrian's parents saw her, they started crying as she ran into their arms as they hugged each other.

I stood awkwardly feeling completely out of place. For the first time since yesterday Adrain and I exchanged looks. I couldn't decipher the emotions on his place plus, I couldn't bare to look at him anymore.

I walked away to the kitchen to help Gwen unknowing to me that Adrain was behind me.
  "H.. harmony" he reached out to me but I quickly moved away.
"What do you want?" My voice Stern and cold.
"Look, I.. I'm sorr..." I shook my head signaling him to stop.

When dinner was served, we were all seated with me feeling out of place. Uncle Desmond looked at me and probably saw I looked like I was going to burst out in tears any moment offered to talk to me in the balcony.
"Harmony dear, I know you are quite confused and hurt by all this but trust me, you're still Adrain's wife, he will never leave you for her" well that was reassuring (note the sarcasm).
"Uncle, I don't want to come between what Adrain and Sofia have so I'm willing to divorce him" I'm willing to but it wasn't what I wanted at all.
"You don't have to divorce him. Anyway, you are expected to be at the party tommorow night." He patted me at the shoulder and hugged me

They were celebrating their company's 10years anniversary. It was a couples party but, since Sofia was back, I didn't see any reason for going. Not wanting to feel any worse than I did, I just went to my room.

I picked up my phone to call Megan. She picked after the third ring sounding out of breath. What was she doing?
  "Are you alright, you sound a bit out of breath" I heard a low growl from the background
"Yes..yes I..i'm alright" she moaned a little. Oh! I guess I called at a bad time
"Sorry i disturbed you" she remained in silence for awhile so, I ended the call.

Since there's no one to talk to I decided to listen to music. I put on Dancing On My Own by Calum Scott. I was busy singing along when Sofia knocked at my door.

"May I come in?" I ushered her in and went to lower the volume of my speaker
"Hope I'm not intruding" she said so softly. It's hard to harbor any hard feelings towards her when she's so nice
"No. How may I help you?" Not meaning to sound rude but, she's the least person I wanted to have a chit chat with
"Please tell me if I'm coming between you and Addy" I was taken aback by her question
"N..no. Adrain has always loved you and I want him to be happy...... with you. I can't give him this kind of happiness then, why deprive him from it." I looked down at my hands
"You're in love with him aren't you?"
"I'm ok with him and you" my voice quivering a little. She smiled and said
"No wonder he too has fallen in love with you. You're such an amazing woman. Adrain may not recognize his feelings for you because of me but, I promise I will not come between your marriage.
   After tomorrow's party which so happens to be Adrian's birthday, I'll leave. I can never stand in the way of two people in love. Especially, when he is someone that means the world to me" I didn't even know tomorrow was his birthday. How was I supposed to know? We hardly have a good conversation.

Also, there's no way in hell that Adrain will fall in love with me, ever.
  "You don't have to leave please, he'll never be able to survive without you" I pleaded with her but, she shock her head from side to side, with her mind already made up

She got up to leave but, stopped by my door handle before saying
  "Take care of him for me"