three. you're on your ass and i'm the one getting the lecture?

GRAFFITI
part three  ꙳

— GRAFFITI part three  ꙳

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

IN ALL HONESTY, BLAIR WASN'T SURE how she gained the ability to create fire from nothing more than a mere thought. She remembered the night it started. After a pretty bad car accident she woke up in a hospital room, no memory of what happened  in the last twenty four hours - or she thought it had been twenty four hours - turns out it had been two weeks and she had her family had gone missing for some time.

They were all questioned and even her parents had no memory of anything.

The test they did on Blair showed nothing wrong with her, and even in the middle night when her hands lit up for the first time, catching onto the white bath towel they had left out for her, Blair had screamed and begged someone to help her, that there was something wrong with her, but the doctors had look at her like she was crazy, nothing wrong with her except for the traumatic experience she had undergone.

Blair said nothing else.

She continued to live with the secret she had hated for so long until suddenly it was apart of her. More than just a burning feeling she felt under her skin, but one where Blair suddenly felt connected with the sudden powers she now bore.

Seven months later, things were so much easier than the many, many, pairs of gloves she went through trying to control her powers.

There was only one person besides herself that knew of the power Blair had, and that was Adrian Miller. He had been one of her doctors during her brief visit to the mental floor. Unlike absolutely everyone else she tried to tell, he believed her, and for some odd reason, Blair immediately trusted him.

Maybe it was because she desperately needed someone to understand the terror she was feeling, the pure sheer horror that something could happen to the people around her because of the power she now had.

She could've tried her friends, but everyone besides Clarissa was kept at arms length by her parents, and the elder girl didn't believe in powers and superheroes, even with The Avengers alive and fighting for them, or they had been, that is until they had a disagreement that impacted the entire world.

Blair told her nothing and spilled everything to Adrian when he came in later and tried to change to bandage on her arm from a cut that she received sometime in her two weeks away.

He was skeptical at first, had every reason to be until she instructed him to get a cup of water. Adrian did as told and Blair watched as he backed away slightly afraid when the dark room lit up and the small burning flame erupted into something bigger.

It took Blair everything in her to close her fist and stop the fire from growing any bigger. Adrian had stepped closer and immediately checked her hand for injuries but to his bewilderment, there was nothing, no sign that she her arms had been covered in bright yellow flames seconds earlier.