five. this isn't the wizard of oz, dreams don't come true

GRAFFITI
part five  ꙳

— GRAFFITI part five  ꙳

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

BLAIR COULD TELL WHO THEY WERE before they even reached the far corner. Peter's arms were wrapped around a bunch of books and Ned was leaning into him slightly, probably telling him something over the noise of reporters. Clarissa talked her ear off as usual until she saw who was in front of them.

"Oh look, it's lover boy." The blonde snickered as Blair hit her with her elbow.

She gripped the straps of her backpack and walked over to where they were. Clarissa on her heel until both girls were going on either side of the boys. "It's crazy, right?"

Ned jumped and Peter almost flinched at the sound of their voices but he didn't say anything.

"Yeah, it sucks." Ned nodded in agreement.

"Poor, Mr. Delmar." Blair sighed sadly.

"I think he'll be alright, he's alive, that's what matters." Peter said, as they eventually turned away from the wreck and started down their way to the bus.

"You're right." Blair smiled at him. "It's a good thing, Spider-Man was there."

Ned gave Peter a sharp look, one Blair didn't catch onto as they crossed the street.

"Yeah, it's a good thing."

"Isn't he pretty cool?" Ned asked her.

"Blair definitely thinks so." Clarissa chuckled, nudging her shorter friend.

And of course, she definitely didn't see the cocky smile that spread across Peter's face at that small reveal.

"Bite me, C." Blair glared. "Anyways, did you guys finish the homework for Mrs. Corbino's class?"

Peter nodded. "Stayed up late to finish it."

"That Stark internship must be keeping you busy, busy." Clarissa joked.

"Something like that." Peter grunted.

Blair stopped in her tracks and turned her head to watch the people that stood around the burnt down building. Her eyes flickered to the building and a sick feeling spread across her stomach as she looked at the damage. She couldn't imagine how she would have felt if something had happened to Mr. Delmar or even Murph, the lazy cat who usually followed her around.

It made her even more sick that this was all caused by some assholes who got their hands on alien tech, tech no one could explain how the in the world they had.

"You alright?" Peter asked, his body turned to face the same damage she was.

"I'm fine," she gave him a smile. "Just glad Mr Delmar is okay, he's always been really nice to me."