༄THREE༄

When Morgan walks into the bullpen the next morning the smile on Spencer Reid's face is blinding and he knows its not because of the Rubik's Cube in the young doctor's hands. "You called him? Walkman guy?"

"We went out for coffee. I managed to convince him to get his next doctorate online by the end of it." Spencer says tossing the now finished color cube to his friend for the other man to mix back up.

The dark skinned man raises his brows but begins to mix up the color cube anyway. "Why is someone with a doctorate working as a barista?"

"He owns the place, opened it in honor of his mother. Morgan he doesn't have one doctorate he has three in Psychology, Sociology, and English and I just convinced him that he should go for the history one he wanted to attempt." The genius smiles as he leans over to take a sip of his coffee from the break room and wrinkles his nose.

"So he's some sort of genius like you?" The dark skinned man questions as he passes the cube back to his friend.

"In a way. He graduated high school at 15 and got those three PhD's by 24 but that isn't nearly as fast a timeline as myself, not that it's a contest. He's also only a few months younger than me if that gives you a timeline to stand on." The brunet explains already completing the yellow and red sides.

"So are you going to see him again?" Derek asks with a grin as he waves over Penelope and Emily as they step off of the elevator.

"Whats up?" The dark haired woman questions as the blond captures the two men in brief hugs.

"Pretty Boy was just about to tell me if he's going to go out with coffee cup guy again. Apparently the kid is almost as smart as our resident genius." Morgan answers.

"We're going book shopping and then to a lecture on the science behind how music affects the formation of the brain throughout the lifespan of an average human this Saturday." Spencer answers setting the once again completed cube down on his desk. "And his name is Rami Di'Nair, you guys don't have to call him coffee cup guy."

"Let's hope we can get back in time for your date then, Spence." JJ comments as she looks over the rail to the upper level of the bullpen. "We have two dead college boys in Texas."

༄༄༄

"I'm sorry I can't make it back for our date." Spencer sighs into the phone as he scans over the board for what seems like the hundredth time in the last twenty minutes.

"It's alright, Spencer. You have to remember I wanted to be in the FBI so I am fully aware of the hours you have to work. You don't have to apologize to me, just be your superhero self and catch the killer." Rami says and he can hear him on his laptop in the background. "How about I get the professor to record it for us and we listen to it together when you get back?"

"I'd like that a lot. What are you doing?" The agent asks leaning back against the table they'd been provided.

"I'm actually doing my first assignment towards my History PhD thanks to you. Jenny is on day shift today and they don't need me at either of the two precincts I consult for so I figured I'd get started." The other man explains and presses what sounds like one button in rapid succession. "How's it going there? Not asking for classified info or anything, I just want to see how you're holding up."

"Honestly?" Spencer sighs eyes roving over the crime scene photos again before deciding to go and get a cup of shitty police station coffee. "Not great. There is something that just doesn't sit right with me and I can't place it. Frankly, its exhausting."

"Awe, sweetie. The only advice I can give with no info on the case is to look at it from a different angle or to get a goodnight's sleep and come back at it with fresh eyes." Rami advises calmly as the typing in the background pauses. "Or you could try some music to clear your mind, maybe Hector Berlioz or Brahms if you are looking for something more classical."

"I might just do that. I'll call you when I get back so we can plan when we want to listen to that lecture, alright?" He asks adding six spoons of sugar to the god awful station coffee and cradling the phone between his ear and shoulder so that he can stir it in.

"Sounds good, go be a superhero, Spence. I'll still be here when it's time to take off your cape." The consultant says and it makes the agent smile more than he wants to admit.