༄FIVE༄

"Guys, I'm not telling you how to do your jobs... but I think you are missing something." Garcia comments peering at them through the screen of JJ's laptop.

"We know, Babygirl, but with Rossi promoting his new book this week and Prentiss getting sick right before we were called in we are at a stand still." Morgan sighs glaring at the cork-board.

"Hotch? Can I offer a suggestion?" The woman questions, nervousness edged into her voice as Spencer presses his forehead against the geographic profile.

"Sure, Garcia. What have you got?" The man asks passing off one of the files he's reading to JJ so he can lean into the view of his screen.

"Well, sir. Rami passed all but one test to get into the FBI, the physical, so he became a police consultant... maybe we can bring him in as a consultant on this profile?" She pauses before continuing nervously. "It's just a suggestion, really. I'm sorry, its a stupid idea... " She trails off looking down to play with the fluff at the end of her pen.

"No. No, Garcia it's a good idea. How fast can you get him there?" Hotch questions glancing over at Spencer who seems to be falling asleep against the board.

The techie leans over and jabs her pen into the buttons of her speaker. The phone rings for a few seconds and then abruptly picks up. Rami's voice filters through quiet and thick with sleep reminding them that it is night back home. "Penny? Is Spencer okay? Why are you calling me at this time of night?"

"Hey, cupcake. Spencer is fine but we need your help with something, how fast can you get here?" Garcia questions tapping her pen against her desk.

"Give me ten minutes, I'll meet you in the lobby." The line cuts and the blonde woman turns to face the team fully. "You heard him see you in ten."

༄༄༄

"Um hi?" Rami waves through the camera at the team hair a mess and a purple hoodie zipped up over his seemingly bare chest. "What exactly did you need my help with? Where's Spencer?"

Morgan steps slightly to the side to show the man in question slumped against the map he'd been marking up. "They haven't made coffee yet." He offers as explanation. "We need your help on the profile, our problem is that it looks correct but there haven't been any good enough candidates for us to bring in."

The green eyed man nods and scrubs his hand through his hair with a yawn. "Okay wake Spencer up and get him to tell me everything you are allowed to tell me. Derek please go get some coffee and breakfast for your team and someone, please, set me closer to the board so I can read through the profile you have already."

Morgan smiles and slips out of the room while Hotch repositions the laptop and JJ shakes awake their resident genius. The man groans and sits up scrubbing his hands over his face before looking around and squinting confusedly at the computer screen. "Rami?"

"Yeah, sugar, it's me. Your team needs a little help on the profile, can you tell me what you've got?" He asks quietly as he massages his fingers under his eyes.

"Yeah, we have five vics, one every three or so days since the second one which was two weeks after the first. They are sexually assaulted but there's no DNA only traces of silicone which the medical examiner says is most likely lube, they are tied up so they can't fight back and then dumped at the bars they were picked up from, there is bruising from physical assault and the rape showing its personal but they are killed with one bullet to the back of the head execution style which is impersonal." Spencer explains periodically yawning or scrubbing his hands over his legs or face as he looks around the room hoping for a mug of coffee to magically appear.

"Okay, you're doing great, hun. Now tell me victimology, is there a type or a pattern?" Rami asks pausing to thank Garcia as she hands him a large mug of black coffee.

"All victims are white males between the ages of forty and fifty with a history of alcoholism, all of them are relatively tall and fit, all of them have grey hair and dark eyes. All different jobs, social classes, and family lives so no connection there. The first was a therapist. The second, a construction worker. Third was unemployed. Fourth was a cook at a diner. And fifth was a retired air force officer." The agent lists smiling as he watches the smaller man swallow down half of his coffee in one go.

"Alright show me the board and tell me what you've got." The green eyed man commands.

The genius leans over and grabs the laptop holding it in such a way that his partner can see as much of the board as possible. "We are thinking young male possibly early 20s to 30s. A loner but someone charming who can blend in when needed. He'll have a history of spousal or familial abuse."

"You said the first was a therapist right? Did he do psych evals?" Rami asks and Spencer turns the laptop back to himself so the younger man can see him nod. "I think your unsub is a woman, or he is bodily a woman. A trans-gendered man to be more specific."

" If he is a loner he'd have a hard time finding an advocate and he probably either doesn't have the money to pay for the transition, didn't pass his psych evals, or both. It would also explain the silicone because most sex toys are made with silicone." The green eyed male takes a deep breath in and another long gulp of his coffee. "If I had to make an educated guess I'd say that you are looking for a trans male in his early twenties that lures older men while still looking feminine, the first kill was his therapist who probably resembles his father, grandfather, or uncle who sexaully abused him and that man saying he was unfit to transition was probably his stressor."

"That makes since... why didn't we see that?" Hotch questions squinting at the board and then looking back to JJ.

"It's not a usual thing, really most people who haven't been involved in the process don't know about it. I am an advocate for a woman I employ named Sandra, her name used to be Cedric. She had two more psych evals to complete before she can know if she is alright to schedule her first surgery." Rami explains calmly before draining the rest of his coffee and leaning back to swipe Garcia's so he can drink down the rest of hers too.

"I'm sure Penny could pull all of the female to male transitioners who have failed and you can cross reference them with your profile and mine to see if there are any good candidates." The smaller man says stretching his arms above his head. "I'm going to go home and finish sleeping, good luck guys!"

This case was made up as a plot device and is not in the original show. On a timeline it would be after S4E23 but before S4E24.