[ 39 ]

i pick my phone up in my small hands, a shaky breath leaves my mouth as i read the countless messages jeff has left me.

i feel lost without him, i hate it. i want to get over him, he's screwed me over so many times. i just can't get him out of my head, his face, his eyes, his lips, his body, his hair and his mind.

he is such a perfect human and it sucks knowing he doesn't love me back. i wanna feel alive again, i felt dead ever since i saw that photo.

who the fuck even was that girl?

a knock on my door snaps me out of my deep thoughts and i turn my head, "come in." i say.

the door slowly opens and grayson comes walking in, he smiles shutting the door behind him and coming to sit on my bed.

"how are you?" he questions rubbing my arm slightly. i shake my head not really knowing what i feel right now.

"i'm not sure." i let out a large sigh and i automatically know that grayson doesn't know what to say. "it's okay," i assure him. "you don't have to say anything."

he nods biting his lip, "he's an asshole."

"the asshole i love." i mumble making grayson's eyes widen.

"you told me you were over him?" he squints his eyes and his jaw clenches, confused.

i shrug, "i lied. i'll never be over him. i love him too much." i shake my head covering my hands with my face.

grayson sighs, "don't cry." he moves closer to me pulling me into a hug.

i let a few tears slip and they all onto his brown shirt, "it's okay." he mumbles rubbing my head. "i've got you." he kisses my head and rests his head there.

"i-i don't know what to do." i sob loudly making grayson hold onto me tighter trying to comfort me.

"it's okay." he assures me. he rocks our bodies back and forth trying to calm me down.

it's working, but i still can feel the pull in my heart making me want to cry forever.

"grayson," i pull my face out of his t-shirt. "he will never love me back." i frown.

after everything we've been through he always seems to find another girl to sleep with. i'm just not enough for him.

"sunny you are an amazing person and he was lucky to have you for the amount of time he did. the next guy you fall in love with will cherish you, adore you, spoil you and make you feel like a queen." he spoke.

i smiled softly feeling a little better. "thank you." he pulled me in for one last hug.

"sorry for wasting your time," i laugh wiping my face, he laughs as well shaking his head. "go call sahar or something i know you miss her." he punches my arm softly.

"i love you so much." he spoke making sure i knew he was there for me.

"you softie!" i teased.

"i love you too."

+++