7: Otome Maiden: Awakened!

"What the hell?!"

Kou yelled as she tripped on a branch of tree while running away from a crow like demon with a face of a cat. She continued to run away, wanting to reach Hyakkimaru's or Biwamaru's location as fast as she could.

The combination of the species of these demons make them look like they were some sort of failed hybrid in her eyes.

With a single leap, she was finally out of the forest and there was Hyakkimaru who run towards her direction to slay the demon running after her. Kou stumbled on her feet and landed on the ground with a thud.

Dororo crouched down, poking her still figure with a stick.

"Neechan, are you okay?"

Sighing, the girl sat properly, fixing her disheveled uniform before replying to the child's question.

"I told you it was not a good idea to head inside the forest alone. You know that you attract demons". The child deadpanned as he rise on his feet. "If you wanted to go in, you should've asked the old man or bro to come in with you".

"He's right, young miss. I wouldn't mind coming with you". Biwamaru said with a nod.

"But I don't want to disturb you guys". She said as she also rise on her feet, taking a few steps back when she hit something. Turning around, she flinched when she saw Hyakkimaru behind her. The events from that night resurfaced on her mind as her face started to get red.

"A-Anyway! Let's go!" The girl said, pulling Dororo along with her, not noticing Hyakkimaru's hand reaching out. 

"What's wrong with you, neechan? You're weird".

Biwamaru glanced at the two white souls before turning to Hyakkimaru. Then, he smiled knowingly.
"Did you do something to the young miss? It looks like she's avoiding you". The old man said as he watch Hyakkimaru jog away to catch up with the two.

As they walk, Kou's blue eyes glanced at Hyakkimaru from time to time. Ever since that event at the river happened, she had started to get all fidgety around the young man which definitely weirded her out. Sure, seeing him naked with only the most important part hidden was embarrassing. But she knew that wasn't the reason.

Just a single touch from him would send her heart into a chaos when before, she could only sweatdrop every time he touch her. The cause of this enormous change was still a mystery for the girl and she have been investigating this for the past few days but got no concrete answer.

In the end, Kou just decided to avoid having direct contact with Hyakkimaru, thinking that this weird phase will past eventually.

They reached a lively town after walking for three straight hours. People were busy building their business stands and decorating the streets with lanterns. It seemed that there will be a festival during the night.

With Dororo keeping the money they got for demon hunting for the past days, they were able to get a cheap wide room for the four of them.

Exhausted from all the walking, they stayed inside their room to rest.

Having nothing to do, Kou took out her PfP console and turned it on. It has been a whole since she last touched her console and she surely missed the feelings of the control buttons on her fingers. She smiled seeing her very familiar husbando on the screen.

Kou continued the otome game that she had stopped playing before she was transported into this place.

The dialogue of the character was displayed at the small screen. Her husbando was asking her if they could go to the festival and she chose the option 'yes'.