18: Here comes the storm!❤

"You're not Eri?"

Tahomaru's low voice resounded. His previous surprised expression turned into a scowl. He quickly trotted towards them, his gaze fixed on the girl who remained expressionless. Kyohei stepped in front of Kou, putting himself in between the two teenagers.

"Tahomaru-sama. Please calm down and listen to--"

"You expect to calm down in this situation when I know that you're basically fooling everyone?!"

The teenager raised his voice, the rage in his eyes present as he looked back at Kou. For someone who was caught in the act of pretending, Tahomaru noticed that she was too calm.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" He nodded his head towards her direction, his voice lowering a few octaves.

Realizing that he's talking to her, Kou released a sigh.

"What more can I say? You found out. It was not in the plan but there's nothing I can do now that you know about it".

"You wouldn't even deny it?" Tahomaru narrowed his gaze.

"I won't".

Kou shrugged in response to his question.

Tahomaru couldn't believe what was revealed before him. So from the very beginning of the stay, the one who was with him was not the real Eri? Is that why he felt that she's very different and even thought that she's a different person? He felt betrayed yet he couldn't even dismiss his curiosity as to how she isn't Eri when the two of them were very alike, appearance wise.

"But before you can even react more than this, let Kyohei explain the whole situation for you". Kou spoke again as she rubbed the nape of her neck.

Noticing his lack of response, her blue eyes turned to him.

"Calm down. We're not gonna lie this time".

She gave the retainer a short nod who started to explain the very beginning of this misunderstanding. Tahomaru listened closely, absorbing every detail as Kou remained on her spot.

Truth to be told, Kou was really surprised when Tahomaru revealed himself while she and Kyohei were talking. The girl wasn't just able to react properly. She wasn't planning on letting him find out that she wasn't the real princess, because like what Kyohei had said earlier, the engagement might be canceled and Eri wouldn't be pleased with it for sure.

Moreover, this wouldn't even happen if Eri didn't just disappeared so suddenly. So just where in the world could she have been?

Kou pinched the bridge of her nose.

They needed to convince Tahomaru not reveal the secret or even break the engagement. She also knew that she and Kyohei have a fault in this too. They were talking too carelessly which resulted into the current problem at hand so they have to do everything to not let their dreaded result to happen.

The girl took in a deep breath before exhaling. She already have her hands full in finding Hyakkimaru and Dororo on this town and now she had to deal with Tahomaru too.

Tahomaru was glancing at her every now and then as he listened to Kyohei's explanation. The girl is not Eri. That's what Kyohei has been saying. But looking at her, he couldn't help but think that she's none other than the princess. They look too alike, that's why she was able to confuse everyone.

"So, you have mistaken her for the real princess?" He asked when Kyohei finished his explanation.

"Yes. Rena-sama even acknowledged that she is not her daughter".