14: A glimpse for a glimpse

Everytime they will make eye contact, he could hear the girl groaning in what he thought to be an annoyance.

This had started after waking up this morning, when she suddenly found out that they were sharing the same room and she slept with him while he was half naked.

Tahomaru knew that he couldn't blame her for reacting that way. After all, she wasn't informed of the matter. He was also just informed about it last night during dinner. But he knew that he was not to blame. He didn't do anything wrong and he definitely didn't even touch her during the night.

Although he almost invaded her sleeping corner, that was just all it was.

So when the girl kept giving him glares and huffs of annoyance, he couldn't help but want to explain himself but the girl kept smoothly avoiding him, throwing sarcastic remarks here and there much to his chagrin.

If this had happened before, the girl would probably swoon and stare at him while he slept. In which he thought was definitely creepy. But as she said, she had changed and have no affections to him or whatsoever, so her reaction is definitely the opposite of what he just thought.

This is more difficult to him than dealing with the first situation in his mind.

In the end, Tahomaru thought of giving her time to let out her steam of anger.

As for Kou, she wasn't really angry at Tahomaru. She was more perplexed at the fact that the guy just let his parents do whatever they want with them. Not to mention the fact that they have been informed about it too late.

If he is not fond of having Eri around him even in his time of sleep, wouldn't he decline the offer?

And she was too bothered by the fact that she had slept with a half naked man. That didn't even happen when she was with Hyakkimaru so this left her totally conscious of Tahomaru. Although the event with Hyakkimaru on the river is more extreme, this recent event made a big impact on her, almost equal to the former.

Kou released a heavy sigh as she walked at the silent corridor. She had been succesful in evading Tahomaru much to her relief. Everytime she will see him, his image from earlier this morning would come pop out of her mind. Call her a pervert if you want but she cannot undo what she have seen.

The features of his upper body have been deeply engraved in her mind and she was sure that she won't be able to face him normally without having a red face or her heart beating rapidly like she had just ran a marathon.

Just as she was walking, she saw Nui on the yard, standing alone as she stared at the giant tree planted on it. She went out to approach the older woman who seemed too dazed as she stared at the tall tree.

"Auntie?" Her timid voice snapped Nui back to reality. Turning around, she faced the younger woman with a smile. "What are you doing alone in here?"

"I was just thinking to myself."

"That sounds deep".

Kou stared at Nui.

Thin brows and brown eyes.

For some reason, the older woman's features remind her of someone. Although she can't remember who that someone is, her face looks like that of someone she knew very well.

"What about you? Why aren't you with Tahomaru?"

Hearing the name of the young man, Nui could see how Kou visibly flinch before she stood stiffly. Her awkward actions have been the cause of Nui's delicate giggles resounding in her ears.

"Are you perhaps feeling awkward around my son?"

As if an arrow just hit her body, Kou grimaced as she hugged herself. Even though the girl haven't said anything yet, just seeing her reaction is enough for Nui to guess what her answer is.