15: Almost a reality

"And so, that's my plan".

Kyohei concluded his long ass explanation as he and Kou sat outside. The man had informed her that he will be gone to search for her companions like they had agreed to. Kou nodded in understanding as she took one dango into her mouth.

"So, when are you leaving?" She asked as she chewed on the soft treat.

Kyohei could only sweatdrop seeing her nonchalant and unprincess like demeanors.

"Please speak after you eat". He lightly scolded but answered her question nonetheless. "I'm planning on leaving tonight".

He followed the girl when she stood on her feet, slowly making their way back to Tahomaru's residence.

"I see. Please be careful on your way. And hopefully, you can find them as soon as possible". The girl said as she faced him with a small smile.

A small gasp escaped Kyohei's lips as he stared at the young woman. His hand twitched, and will probably move to reach out to her if not for Tahomaru's voice interrupting them.

"Where did you two went?" He asked as he rested his wooden sword on his shoulder. And behind him were his retainers as usual.

"We went to buy dango". The girl shrugged, eating one of the dangos on the last stick that she have.

Feeling his stomach aching for some food, Tahomaru went closer to Kou, opening his mouth while saying 'Ah'. The girl understood and pushed the stick near his mouth for him to get one. Everyone who is watching, which are only their retainers, were dumbfounded at what they just have witnessed.

They were very well aware of the shaky relationship between the two teenagers so when they have shown them a rather strange scene that clearly tells them that they're getting along too well, the retainers couldn't help but wonder and be curious as to what led them to the current situation.

Seeing their dumbfounded expressions, Kou furrowed her brows.

"What's wrong with you guys?" She asked as she take in the last dango into her mouth.

"Ah, no. It's nothing". Hyogo answered as the three of them shook their heads.

Getting weirded out with their responses, Kou turned around as they all followed behind her.

A sudden wave of dizziness hit Kou like a brick. As a result, her legs became unstable, leading her to wobble and almost fall if not for Tahomaru's fast reflexes. His arm immediately moved to catch her falling figure by her waist.

"What's wrong, Eri?" He asked as he help her stand properly.

She didn't answer.

Grunting, the girl massaged her temples with her hand. The throbs in her head are getting painful by the second as a rhythmic beeping of what sounded like a machine continuously echoed in her ears. The sound is familiar to her.

This is the sound that was produced by that heart monitoring machine thingy on the hospital!

Her head painfully throbbed again as if it was being pricked by a thousand needles. The pain is unbearable.

"Oi, Eri! What's happening to you?"

Kou could hear Tahomaru's voice but she wasn't able to make out what he was saying. Her ears were flooded by that continuous beeping sounds and nothing else. The blurry vision she have isn't a big help either.

"Kou..."

A very familiar voice stood out in the middle of the beeping sounds.

"Please wake up".