how he'll propose

Ponyboy: He returns a book that he borrowed from you years ago, that truthfully, you forgot you'd given him. He urges you to reread the book for things you "might have missed." As you go through the pages, you notice that certain words are highlighted. You out the words together and read "I love you. I want to spend forever with you. You are my one and only. Will you marry me?" On the last few pages, a square depression is carved out of the paper and inside, you find a ring.

Sodapop: You'll spend weeks trying to convince him to come to Thanksgiving with you to see your family, but he declines more than once, leaving you pretty upset. He asks you to come on a walk with him one night and you reluctantly oblige. He takes you out of the neighborhood to a little bridge overlooking a stream and says "you know what, doll? I changed my mind. I've gotta come to your Thanksgiving meal so I can tell your family you're getting married." You look at him, baffled for a second, but then he gets down on one knee and pops the question.

Darry: After saving up for months, he takes you on a vacation to Hawaii. You spend days basking in the amazing weather, relishing in the joy of being away from the dirt and grime of Tulsa. One night, he takes you out on a picnic to the beach. You watch the sunset together and he pulls out a little black box. The bright orange and pink of the sunset reflect in his eyes as he asks you to be his forever.

Steve: One evening during a street fair, you'll  spot a photo booth and beg him to take a few pictures with you. He finally gives in and you climb into the booth. The machine snaps a few cute photos of you smiling, kissing each other's cheeks, etc, but right before the last photo is taken, Steve gets down on one knee and asks you to marry him. The camera clicks right as you scream "yes!"

Johnny: He'll spend months planning it, every little detail. He'll pick you up at dusk and bring you out to dinner; the casual sit-down diner where you had your first date. You'll share a strawberry milkshake just like you did on your first date. Then he'll take you for a drive, out of the city to the countryside. While you stand there, admiring the view, he begins to talk about the future you will have together. You'll build a little house right out here and have a kid, just the three of you in perfect peace. Then he'll get down on one knee and ask you to be his forever.

Dally: It will be as much of a surprise for you as it is for him. You will be sitting on the couch one evening and he will look at you, uncharacteristically speechless for a few moments and just mutter, "(Y/N), I want you to be my wife." You will think he is joking at first, but when you look into his eyes, you'll see he's dead serious. You pick out an engagement ring together the following day.

Two-Bit: One day, while you are sitting on the couch, Two-Bit says, out of the blue: "Babe...your hands are like super boring."
You look up from your book, confused and slightly offended. "What do you mean?"
He leans forward and grabs you hand gently, squinting and examining it closely.
   "It's just so boring, you know? No tattoos, no nail polish...no pizazz, whatsoever..."
You look up at him, scowling slightly. "How am I supposed to change that?"
"I've got just the thing." He grins at you, reaching behind himself, and pulling out a ring, sliding it onto your finger.