how you make up

Ponyboy: You don't talk to each other for a couple weeks, and you're both miserable. Finally one day, Pony leaves a letter on your doorstep along with a gift box and a note reading "peace offering?" Inside the box is some new clothes, candles, lotion, your favorite candy, and a necklace. The letter is him telling you how he is ready to be mature and be trusting in you, and how dearly he misses you. Later that day, you knock on his door, and the minute he opens up, you run to him, hugging him tightly. You agree on new conditions for your relationship and get back together again.

Sodapop: That evening, Soda shows up to your house, eyes puffy and red. You didn't plan on letting him in, but the defeated look on his face gets to you. You sit down and he immediately begins questioning you, not at all understanding why you left him. You try to stay quiet, but end up bursting into tears and telling him everything. He wraps you up in his arms, and says "It's okay, Doll. They're only jealous of what we have. You know what they say ain't true. They can't touch us. As long as I'm here to protect you, they can't come near what we have."

Darry: It's 3 pm on a sunny Tuesday and Ponyboy shows up at the ice cream parlor where you work. You had just finished your shift. He asks to talk to you and you say yes. He tells you that Darry has not been the same since you left; he's been working countless extra hours and talking less and less, forgetting to eat, and lashing out over small things. He begs you to go back to him because he believes you make him a better person. You meet Darry after work later. You tell him that if he can make time for you and really make you a part of his life, you will be with him. He blurts out that he wants you to move in with him. You say yes.

Steve: You felt awful for accusing him of using you for days after the breakup. Finally, you can't stand being apart from him anymore. You confront him at his house and tell him how sorry you are that you thought he was capable of such things. You explain that you were insecure and thought maybe it was possible that you could only be loved for your body. Steve immediately embraces you. "I love you for who you are, (Y/N). Nothing will change that. Your soul is the prettiest part." He forgives you and you reunite.

Johnny: As much as Johnny avoids you like the plague, you're finally able to confront him. He refuses to speak, and you begin breaking down, not understanding what you did to deserve his leaving. He can't stand seeing you in pain, so he starts choking up too, pulling you close to him. He tells you how afraid he is to have his heart broken because of how much he cares for you. He loves you so much and he can't stand the thought of you abandoning him. You look him in the eyes, wiping the tears from his cheeks and swear on your life you'll never hurt him.

Dally: Only two days later, you hear a knock on the door at 4 am. It's pouring rain outside. You aren't able to sleep anyway, so you get up and answer the door. Dallas is standing there, soaking wet. "I love you," he blurts out. "I love you and I'm gonna change. I'm gonna become better for you...i-if you let me. I've never had a girl like you in my life, (Y/N)...I can't walk away without knowing that I at least tried...Please, one more chance..." He had bags under his eyes and looked on the verge of a breakdown. You hugged him tight, despite the fact that he was soaked. "One more chance."

Two-Bit: A full month passes before you and Two-Bit decide to call off the break. He takes you out to a diner, and it's like you two had never broken up. Being on a break had allowed you both to think things over and mature. You confess how much you missed him, and he confesses he felt the same way. You promise to talk to each other and communicate when a problem comes up. You get back together seamlessly, with a happier, honest relationship.