10

Their Bond

Serena gazed at Mateo, noting the lines of stress on his face. His dark eyed gaze looking down at her intently. Gently tugging one of her hands from his grip, she lifted her hand up weakly towards his face, placing it on his cheek.

Mateo lifted his hand, placing it over Serena's on his cheek, closing his eyes, thanking the moon goddess for this chance. Shifting his face, he placed a kiss on the palm of her hand. Gazing back at Serena, hoping this wasn't a dream.

Letting go of her other hand, he brought it up to her face, brushing her hair away with trembling fingers. Moving his hand down, stopping at her neck, feeling her pulse beat. His thumb stroked her plum lips, his eyes fixed on her lips, looking back at her eyes, he saw a flare of awareness, groaning...he bent down, brushing his lips against hers in the gentlest of caresses. Breath escaped her, leaving her mouth parted. That is when he kissed her. Lust rolled through him in waves, his body tensing with the need to do more than kiss.

Serena gave a small sound of need, her free hand moving through his black hair, tugging his head down, deepening their kiss, their tongues dueling. Mateo's shaft hardened, his arousal fueled by their kiss. His need of wanting to strip them both naked and complete the bond was great.

It took all of his formidable self-control to pull away, gentling their kiss. She gave a moan of protest as he pulled away, her hand on his head pulled him down again. He allowed her to kiss him, tasting her desire, the sweetness of her mouth permanently ingrained into his mind. He was seconds away from coming in his pants. Gently pushing her away, he stood up, distancing himself a bit. Trying to get control back.

Serena looked up at him with passion clouded eyes, her lips ever bit as enticing, swollen from his kisses.

"I...that...was"

"Yes, it was." He could not help his growl. He was fighting urges, which had no place here in the hospital ward.

Her gaze travelled down his body, stopping at the bulge straining against his pants, not hiding his need for her.

"Yes, I want you." He gritted through his teeth, refusing to show embarrassment at the blatant proof of his sexual need.

Serena licked her lips, fixated on that part of his anatomy. Hearing a growl of warning, she looked up, his gaze flaring with fire, tension emanating from his body.

"No! Our first time will not be here on that bed, with the risk of everyone from my parents too pack members coming in." Mateo growled. Sitting down in the chair near her bed, grimacing at the pain of sitting with a marble hard erection.

"Sorry..." She mumbled, embarrassed heat crawling up her face.

"Don't be..." He huffed out a breath that could be irritation or amusement, "It's the bond. Did my mother explain things to too you? Do you remember anything about the person who attacked you?"

Turning her gaze away from Mateo, she gazed up at the ceiling, her mind in turmoil. Ever since she woke up, she has been bombarded with so many emotions. If she was tired before everything happened, she was positively drained at this moment, hearing movement and feeling Mateo taking her hand, she looked down at their linked hands.

"Serena...?"

Hearing the nervousness in Mateo's voice, she looked back at him. "Yes, your mother explained the situation. And...I'm sorry, I can't remember my attacker, it's all fuzzy."

"And us being mates?" Mateo asked, worried she would reject him, before giving him a chance.

Serena gazed at the fear of rejection on Mateo's face, squeezing his hand, she smiled, "I accept our bond."

"You're sure?" Still uncertain if all this was a dream or a nightmare. Mateo held unto the hope it was real.

"Yes, I'm sure." Serena assured him, watching in wonder as Mateo's smile broadened.

Leaping out of his chair, startling Serena. He cupped her face, planting kisses everywhere, murmuring words of praise.

"That's enough!" A voice boomed, scaring Mateo and Serena too jump apart, like hormonal teenagers caught in the act.

Embarrassed...Mateo turned to his parents, his father stood with his arms crossed, his mother behind his Dad, a giggle erupting from her lips. Mateo held in a expletive, not wanting to suffer the wrath of his family.

"Pappa..."

"Meu filho...is this any way to treat your injured mate?"

"But..."

"Basta! We will return to your quarters. You have been here long enough The risk of being seen here is already high. Your mother will keep Serena company and inform her discreetly of our plan to draw out the traitor. Now...come!" His father ordered, turning to leave the room.

Mateo rebelled, turning quickly he cupped Serena's face, kissing her lips, murmuring, "I'll see you soon."

"Go...I'll miss you." Serena responded, kissing him back.

Mateo growled, hating the fact he had to leave her, giving her one more kiss, he backed up. Leaving the room, before he lost his self-control. Irritated at the turn of events, hating being kept away from his mate.

I will find this traitor. Annihilate him or her and whomever is working with them as soon as possible, so that I can be with my mate freely. He thought to himself.